Taurus firearms are hated
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree430Likes

Thread: Taurus firearms are hated

Member #
    Liked
    121 times

Taurus firearms are hated

While looking for a revolver I first experienced how hated Taurus is by other firearm enthusiast, IMO firearm enthusiasts are not suppose to think that way or are they

I did buy a 627 6.5" Tracker despite the replies, I don't hate a firearms because of the "manufacturer" seems a bit immature to me Imo. In fact S&W and Taurus use to be "sister" companies BION, this is why the styles are similar to each other, I have found my Tracker to be an excellent revolver and if "Taurus" was not stamped on the firearm so many other Taurus haters would think the same.

The reason I bought it is because of the favorable reviews from the owners not the haters, I can afford to buy a Colt snake revolver but it just doesn't seem logical, Colt doesn't warranty their firearms after a year and a warranty is a big seller in my book. I am also a big Springfield fanboy, they have the BEST warranty on the planet. I do own a Colt 1911 and the only reason I bought it is because they were the first name in 1911's and I a fan of that weapon as well along with a Les Baer 1911 because they are one of the tightest fitting 1911 made and I love perfection, enough of that

I am just wondering if it is as apparent to you that so many hate Taurus or is it just my imagination. Glad to be a Taurus revolver owner, it's actually my first revolver I ever owned.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    From my personal experience it's the Glock snobs who think there firearm is superior to everyone else's who absolutely hate on Taurus, when most have never even held one let alone shot one.
    Don't get me wrong, Glocks are excellent handguns when it comes to reliability and performance, but let's face it, they are not very pretty to look at, and there trigger is terrible.
    Anyway, I don't get involved in all the hate over guns, I see good in all.
    My Taurus 24/7 g2 was always problem free and performed flawlessly, not one FTE, FTF or FTL.
    I could put 5 different types of ammo in the magazine randomly and it ate it all up regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DuctTape, Buck83, ICUKev and 6 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    12307 times
    People seem to enjoy playing the brand loyalty thing by denigrating other brands.

Just human nature.
    DuctTape, jtg452, darbo and 5 others like this.
    "It is when people forget GOD, that tyrants forge their chains." ~ Patrick Henry 1775

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    It always seems like "a friend of a friends brother in laws co worker" had a Taurus fall apart after one shot so ill never own a taurus.
    I have a pt111 g2, just got a 605, my daughter has an 850 ul and my son had a pt140 g2 and they all work great, I havent had a chance to shoot my 605 yet but appears to be in good working condition I also own springfield, rock island and ruger. I have had S&W and Colt in the past. I really dont get why people hate on Taurus like they do but I think they make a great gun they might not have as good a finish as someone elses safe queen gun but they put lead down range just as good.

Member #
    Liked
    3529 times
    I was watching a video to day about a CZ clone someone was repairing for a "Friend" and one of the 1st statements out of this guys mouth was that this gun was as terrible as a Taurus. I watched about 1 more minute of that video and turned it off.

Yes that feeling is prevalent among many gun owners and can also be found amongst ammo hand loaders when it comes to equipment. I try to ignore it rather than perpetuate it.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    8291 times
    This all goes through various stages. Taurus did self inflict some of the troubles on themselves and most troubles are just hot air.

The various gun books and print magazines have many cases over the last few years, in some cases longer than that, show that the gun writers/shooters keep and use Taurus revolvers. Normally it's model 85 or something in the small frame format.

Just very recently in one of the hunter/gun writers and his hunting partner relied on the partner's use of a Taurus Raging Bull for back up. The Taurus was in .44 magnum and it went along and was only used as a back up for "just in case" possible bear attacks.

Taurus slipped up with the Millennial, Pro series, and 24/7 series, but up to a point. That is being taken care of as we discuss this. It takes time, a lot of time, a year or so, to get rid of stigma.

When I was much younger and looking for my first center fire handgun I was told to stay away from ALL Spanish made guns. As I did some research it turned out that the old stigma was earned some decades before this. Astra, Star, and a few other Spanish gun makers took up the gauntlet and made some first class firearms in the 20th century.

I started out by buying Taurus revolvers back in the middle and late 1980s as they were what I could afford and those were needed right then and there for reasons I will not go into.

Let's just say that my 669 was a 6" barrel home defense gun. The trigger was light, grit free, and smooth. That revolver got sold for something that I could carry for defense more easily. The model 65 and 66 got the nod. After that I have bought numerous Taurus revolvers in .357 magnum, .38 Special, 22lrf, 22WRM, .327 magnum, and .44 Special. All of those have given and do give sterling service.So do the Taurus pistols I have.

None of them have had to go back for service except the 669 when the back adjustable sight ball bearing popped out me and that was my beginner mistake. No charge of any kind.

If one uses the various checklists that are on the internet to buy a pistol or revolver then the chances of getting stung are very low.

Yes, Taurus has a way to go, but they are out there trying and doing.

Member #
    Liked
    6823 times
    Taurus has earned a great reputation with guns like the Tracker, M44,M66/65/82, M85/85UL, & Autos like the 1911, 22, & The legendary 99/100.

But, then again, its had some stinkers as well; And to be honest, more than Smith and River. But the again, so has say Remington. What it really comes down to is how Taurus handles it's issues. Yea, I speak of Customer Service. Now personally, I've not had to send a Remington or a Taurus backbone to Poppa for warranty work. But when I buy a Taurus, I also understand that if I have an issue, service will be slow and irritating to deal with. For me, Taurus has been worth the gamble. I do enjoy their revolvers.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee.
    1. Muzzle Controll: Always point in a safe direction
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    3. Keep it unloaded until ready to use.
    4. Know your target and what is beyond.

There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10377 times
    Some people are just prejudiced against anything other than what they own and use. No big deal... (Post from my Apple iMac- Boy, do I hate Windows!)
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Taurus shot themselves in the foot with poor quality of some models following the lawsuit over safety failures of certain models. My 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm was a great unit—until the trigger failed. All I wanted was for that trigger to be fixed so it would not jam. I sent it back to Taurus just before the lawsuit hit the news. Six months later (or more) I was given a Gen 2 replacement that never did work for me. After its second trip back to Miami I sold it with full disclosure.

I have seen a few 24/7 Pro DS models at gun shows, but the owners were asking what they paid for them—>$300. The Gen 2s sell for much less, but the owners argue the Gen 1s are better and do not want to drop their prices. Sad. I really liked that Gen 1.

Now, my EDC is an FNH FNS-9. I like Taurus products, but I can't carry one that is only a part-time unit. I am hoping for Taurus to get its act together with something solid in the near future, something more than curves and colors that does what a firearm is supposed to do.

Member #
    Liked
    6823 times
    Let them trash talk. Just shoot out the X ring, then ask'em how they did.
    1. Muzzle Controll: Always point in a safe direction
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    3. Keep it unloaded until ready to use.
    4. Know your target and what is beyond.

There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links