Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Adding a bayonet to my 995

4K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking at some accessories for the 995 and i was curious are bayonet's legal. If its just gonna be a plinker then it wont need one, but if i ever decided to use it for SD then yes i would like to have one just in case.

Are kits available ? Would i get just the standard M-9 kit?

Something barrel mounted like this maybe (looks universal)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Firefie...927214?hash=item3ac4818aee:g:c64AAOSwOddYyFjw

#2 ·
Uhmmm...I mean this in the nicest way possible. With your physical issues why would you want to add more weight and length to a 10+ lbs carbine??? To my knowledge nobody makes a bayonet kit for the TS995 ... probably for those reasons. You'd probably be far better served by carrying a fixed blade knife on your person vs. trying to fix a bayonet under combat conditions ....

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/

#4 ·
It is a piece of junk anyway.
420 steel, 440 would be much better.
The real kicker is there is only one mounting point. A real bayonet has two so you can't twist it off the barrel. Even if one is a loop that fits around the muzzle/flash hider.
The one flimsy mount would spin around the barrel and damage anything near it and snap if the rifle was turned sideways.

#15 ·
#9 ·
I was looking at some accessories for the 995 and i was curious are bayonet's legal. If its just gonna be a plinker then it wont need one, but if i ever decided to use it for SD then yes i would like to have one just in case.

Hope so!
I have been using one on my pocket pistol for a couple of years now!
just have to be careful and not run with the gun when its out of my pocket.
the wife gets really mad when I do that.

Attachments

#12 ·
The thing is im not sure, when i get tired i stop, when i feel ill i stop. I could be there for a day, a week, a month. The 995 in many ways is a conversation piece and somewhat of eye candy at the range. Everyones is different per their own style. Its not really for the battleground and its just pretty much a plinker. I just want to make mine unique, even if i never use some of the features (i hope not with this one), its cool to pull it out of the bag and watch peoples eyes when they see what i put on it lol... :)

#19 ·

Attachments

#24 ·
The only legit way those pistol bayonets serve a purpose, that I can think of anyway, is maybe mounted on your house gun if your home defense gun is a semi-auto pistol... having that blade on there would make it harder for an intruder to disarm you if he somehow got the drop on or ambushed you.

Even then, that doesn't seem like a great idea, because the additional weight on the front of the pistol changes the handling characteristics or dynamics.

Could that extra weight on the front help tame recoil and aid follow-up shots? Perhaps, but the problem is, because of that change in handling, you'd need to practice a lot with that blade on there; and I would caution against showing up at any range with that on your weapon, rifle or pistol... not only would you get a lot of grief, you might even have to scratch them off of your range list.

#25 ·
I have not found one yet but the answer is a retractable bayonet. Wont poke your eye out, noone at the range has to know what it is, and you only need to extend it in the case of SD. However i have not found one on google yet.

On another side of the coin i found this picture on the net, halarious and very sad... Duct tape will do anything i guess lmao..

Attachments

#29 ·
Yikes, that's pretty funny; I'm not sure what's more amusing, that somebody attached a "bayonet" with duct tape, or the fact that said "bayonet" only extends beyond the end of the barrel about 2".

#27 ·
What kind of a scenario do you envision where a bayonet would help?

Inside, you just added several inches to the length of your rifle, making it harder to maneuver in your home. As well, as long as you have ammunition in your gun , even a close-quarters fight would be better served by shooting the perpetrator. If you've emptied your gun, and missed every time, standing there, waiting for an armed person to decide to close with you, instead of simply shooting you, is a sucker's bet.

Outside, ranges tend to open up, not get closer. Unless you're thin king that a charging predator can be better stopped by a 3"-4" blade than a bullet or six, why even try? Actual bayonets are usually a minimum of 6" bladed weapons. Many are longer. They have to reach the vitals of the attacker, be they human or animal.

Maybe, if you want something unique, you could open up the inside of the stock, and make a holster for a .22 mini-revolver in it. At the knife-fighting ranges under discussion, even five rounds of .22 in the face could be a fight-stopper. Could be delivered outside of the opponents reach, as well.

#33 ·
Putting a knife on the end of a firearm is just silly.
I am working on a patent for a product that will put a firearm on the end of a knife.
It will revolutionize bayonet fighting for years to come.

Here is my prototype;
I am at an impasse at the moment.
I need to repair the drywall that was ruined when I tried to get it out of the house
and I accidentally stabbed my wife who was standing in another room, around a corner, behind a bookcase.
I need to put up a Go Fund Me page I think.

View attachment 290817

#38 ·
AHH??
Depends on what caliber the Bayonet is!
Only the 45 Bayonet has enough KNOCK DOWN power to even consider it!----:D
The 9 MM Bayonet has way to much penetration and goes right though people, while the 380 Bayonet just bounces off people!

Reactions: FreeInAZ
#39 ·
A bayonet would never work on a handgun...Especially a Glock.
We would have the longest thread in the history of threads.
It would be titled...To carry with or without a sheath.

We would bring up stats on accidental femoral artery lacerations upon drawing.
It would be bad all around.

Not if you put one of them trigger safety things on the bayonet sheath!!.
Think man Think!

#36 ·
Well, in all honesty, who but a Glock, or High-Point, owner would think about equipping a handgun, or a carbine like that, with a bayonet?

Worse, I'm sure that there are jurisdictions with laws preventing just that already on the books.

#43 ·
I always carry things to the extreme!
I started off with a bayonet and ended up with this!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.