Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours? - Page 424
Page 424 of 437 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4367
Like Tree8382Likes

Thread: Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours?

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    I just placed an order for an NDZ Aluminum Safety Switch for my Mossberg 590 Shockwave as well as a Bastion Laser Engraved Backplate for my SW40VE.

The Aluminum Safety Switch is to replace the stock polymer safety switch on my Shockwave, it's larger than the stock and obviously more durable as well. I got in in Orange, which really doesn't match the FDE Cerakote finish, nor the black grips, but I think will look nice on it regardless.
    The back plate for the SW40VE is laser engraved with my favorite Bible Verse, which unfortunately I can't share with you here because it's against the rules to quote scripture, but if you're really curious, feel free to send me a PM.
    BigBlue and darbo like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27998 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    I just placed an order for an NDZ Aluminum Safety Switch for my Mossberg 590 Shockwave as well as a Bastion Laser Engraved Backplate for my SW40VE.

The Aluminum Safety Switch is to replace the stock polymer safety switch on my Shockwave, it's larger than the stock and obviously more durable as well. I got in in Orange, which really doesn't match the FDE Cerakote finish, nor the black grips, but I think will look nice on it regardless.
    The back plate for the SW40VE is laser engraved with my favorite Bible Verse, which unfortunately I can't share with you here because it's against the rules to quote scripture, but if you're really curious, feel free to send me a PM.
    I found the extended safety switch to be a very good improvement on my Shockwave. I don't remember what brand I used, but I know it was steel not aluminum.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    19938 times

I bought the NDZ combo kit, safety switch and magazine follower, in green for my 500. Very good products. I changed the magazine spring too but don't remember where I got that.
    BigBlue and Tuco_Ramírez like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3226 times
    Went to a VERY crowded gun store after lobby day yesterday and bought 120 rounds of 7.62x39. Finally gonna get to shoot my ar47.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    darbo, Konyo312 and Czechbikr like this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I found the extended safety switch to be a very good improvement on my Shockwave. I don't remember what brand I used, but I know it was steel not aluminum.
    Hmmm... I didn't see any that were made of steel, but just as well, aluminum is sufficient. I just wanted something a bit bigger and more durable than the stock polymer safety switch.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I bought the NDZ combo kit, safety switch and magazine follower, in green for my 500. Very good products. I changed the magazine spring too but don't remember where I got that.
    An aluminum magazine follower, huh? I've yet to have a polymer follower wear out or break on me, but I may look into that somewhere down the line. The next thing I would like to get for it is a night sight, provided that I can find one for a good price.
    darbo likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    19938 times
    Hmmm... I didn't see any that were made of steel, but just as well, aluminum is sufficient. I just wanted something a bit bigger and more durable than the stock polymer safety switch.

An aluminum magazine follower, huh? I've yet to have a polymer follower wear out or break on me, but I may look into that somewhere down the line. The next thing I would like to get for it is a night sight, provided that I can find one for a good price.
    The factory follower was stamped steel and I wasn't worried about breakage on that. My reason for replacing it was ease of seeing the follower. The factory black just disappears in there!
    Plus I did a tiny bit of a fluff and buff while everything was apart. The action on my 500 is very smooth.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3160 times
    It looks just like mine! I bought mine at an auction. Have you tried out the moon clips, yet? Some .38/.357 have too much slop, and speed loaders work better with such rounds.

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by FLShutterbug View Post
    I stopped by my local gun store today and was followed home by a S&W Performance Center Model 627-5 in .357 Magnum (8-round cylinder and 5-inch barrel) that happened to have a Galco tan leather holster in the box. Eye candy time....

Attachment 453361Attachment 453363

Member #
    Liked
    435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Went to a VERY crowded gun store after lobby day yesterday and bought 120 rounds of 7.62x39. Finally gonna get to shoot my ar47.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Great to hear you went to lobby day!

I saw PSA was offering 7.62 AR uppers again, and ordered one last night. Starting the search for mags.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5688 times
    Bought 2 magazine pouches like these. Needed an excuse to go to GT Distributors here in Dallas on my day off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BigBlue likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I just bought a Taurus PT-92-AF-D with a gray cerakoted slide at my LGS. It had been there for a few weeks and I kept gravitating to it. I finally bought it yesterday. It is in excellent shape. I paid $300.00 for it. It came stock with two 18 round magazines. No box or papers.

I have a Beretta 92s and wondered if the magazines would work. Well yes and no. They all have the cut out for the "S" model but all but two of them had the smaller cut out.

I had two that had the larger cut out and they fit my new to me Taurus perfectly. Both are 15 rounders so I don't need to purchase more magazines unless I want to.

This also explains why the two that work in my Taurus were NOT working in my Beretta M9 or Inox and were so sloppy. So, I just learned something new today. The two that work in the Taurus will be sloppy and not work well in the NEWER Beretta's. So, now I know what the problem was with them and the newer Beretta's.

I have yet to shoot it. The weather in Missouri is pretty bad as of late.....OH NO IT'S GLOBAL WARMING...lol......

I love the feel of the pistol in my hand and have at least three holsters that will work with it.

I also love the fact that I can carry it cocked and locked like my 1911's and yes I will carry this in my rotation.

Hope all is well with all of you.
    BigBlue likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links