Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours? - Page 362
Page 362 of 409 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4083
Like Tree7804Likes

Thread: Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours?

Member #
    Liked
    2948 times
    I've (re-)joined the dark side! I bought a Glock 48 from a gentleman today. According to him, the gun is un-fired. Said he bought it a couple weeks ago, then found a good deal on a G19x. He had to sell the 48 to get the 19x. I snagged it for $425 with a little bit of ammo and a brand new Sticky holster. This model has intrigued me since it's release. I'm not sure why, because I've never been a Glock fan and honestly don't care for the 9mm round. For some reason though, I'm drawn to this model. It does feel good in the hand and points much more naturally than other Glocks I've owned. I hope I can get out this weekend to try it out. It would be interesting to compare this G48 to the Remington R1 9mm. They are similar in size and capacity, but obviously the Glock weighs considerably less.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Three G2S magazines ordered today from PSA. On sale for $19.99 each. Thought that was a good price. Don't have the gun yet, but it will show up some day in the next year or two to replace my condemned PT609.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20905 times
    I bought a GLS model Safariland holster for my Springfield XDm 10mm. It has the locking lever release just outside the trigger guard so that you release it just by making contact with the edge of the middle finger when gripping the pistol in preparation for drawing it. Will require some getting used to as all my other Safariland retention holsters (ALS models) have thumb levers to unlock them.

Name:  21EE8F81-AD36-4933-9FD0-61D53E357883.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  2.23 MB

Name:  7CC89EA2-7907-4B04-BD97-E35AC6C08984.jpeg
Views: 27
Size:  2.12 MB
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    554 times
    I just ordered a blued, all steel Tristar (Canik) S 120 in 9mm. It will be here in a few days. It's a CZ 75 clone from Turkey. We'll give it a good work out when it gets here and report back!
    Name:  85182.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  14.3 KB

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27302 times
    I've been hemming and hawing over this one long enough and finally decided to order it. An HK 45 with night sights and it comes with three mags. Now I have to find a holster for it.

NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27302 times
    200 rounds of .45 acp Federal 230gr. Hydra-Shok
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    Got the Wally World Special, a TriStar Upland Hunter EX over and under with 5 extended chokes in 20 gauge for $363. I have been thinking about one of these for a while, but the extended chokes sealed the deal. They are marked 1 through 5 notches, so I am assuming the 5 notch choke is the turkey choke, or extra full and the 1 notch choke tube is a cylinder choke. I don't think the newer ones have the extended choke tubes, and those extended chokes cost about $40 a piece everywhere I looked.

As with any gun purchased at WalMart, I strongly urge you to fully inspect the firearm before you purchase. This WalMart had some peculiar rules, they would not let me hold the gun without a lock on the trigger. So I did not get to check the trigger. But the machining was good quality, the safety was tight but smooth, and the wood to metal finish was good. LOL, I had to show them how to put it together when they took it out of the box, but that also gave me a little time to inspect the separate pieces. The action itself was smooth, even though I expected it to be tighter. It also had extractors, rather than ejectors, but that is not a problem and what I expected. The wood was not show quality, but had good grain, especially at that price point. The only issue I could find was one of the choke tubes had a burr on one of the cuts for the choke tube tool, but I can easily polish that right out.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 08-14-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Yesterday, got a 3 month membership to an indoor range 12 minutes from home. Unlimited range time.

Went twice today !

Thing is, it's also a 3-minute drive off the expressway ramp that I use on my way to work. Every workday I can just leave 45 minutes early and get in a half hour session at the range without rushing.

Woo hoo 😀
    Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.
    Jimmy Durante

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27302 times
    HK VP9 and a We The People IWB holster.

darbo, rollin thunder and rodfair like this.
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    19708 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    HK VP9 and a We The People IWB holster.

That's quite the HK collection you are building! Congrats! My buddy has the VP9, it's a very nice pistol.
    BigBlue likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links