Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours? - Page 328
Page 328 of 354 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3537
Like Tree6468Likes

Thread: Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30604 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    I try to stay in sporting goods as much as possible, but there are times I have to go into the backroom for freight (not to mention breaks and lunch.) Sometimes I get a page on my walkie or overhead when I'm an aisle or two away--if the customer had walked my way instead of going to automotive (the usual place they go) they would have found me in fewer steps--but then, I call myself a "unicorn"--a sporting goods associate who knows something about what I'm selling (at least, when it comes to guns and ammo.)

BTW, at my store we've just started carrying Remington's Ultimate Defense JHP ammo, in 9mm, .380 and .38 Special. It's cheaper than Federal Hydra Shok but more expensive than WWB JHPs, with it running around $15 a box of 20.
    I handload my carry ammo. My Kel Tec 9 likes the Hornady 115 grain XTPs, but they're to short OAL for the TH9c, so I load Winchester's 115 grain JHP to +P levels. They're accurate and I can seat 'em out where they feed 100 percent. Actually, I'd already worked the load up for my old Ruger P85 and had a box loaded to try in the TH9c when I got it. I also had some old IDPA loads with the same bullet at lower velocities to work through the gun. Ruger had the same problem with XTPs as the TH9c. I've put a LOT of those bullets through that Ruger as I shot it in IDPA 20 years ago. The Winchesters are good stuff in 9mm, accurate and reliable.

Yeah, another beef I have with Walmart is their clueless employees. I almost got into an argument with a lady over 9mm practice ammo. I wanted the 9mm federal ALUMINUM. She insisted the box was 9mm FMJ, not aluminum. "We don't have Aluminum, sir, just full metal jacket." I found it on the shelf and pointed it out to her what exactly I wanted. Says "ALUMINUM" in big letters on the box.

Brass is nearly as cheap now days as aluminum. I started getting the brass even though I feel compelled to put the tarp out with the stuff to catch the brass. I'm really not sure why, just my old habits and not wanting to waste brass. The stuff is as cheap as I can LOAD 9mm without using my own cast bullets. It's cheap enough I don't bother casting OR loading practice ammo anymore.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    At the local Walmarts the aluminum Federal is 20 cents higher than the brass in 9mm.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18781 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    That reminds me as well!!
    are you up for a Brown Bear hunt say about 2 weeks from today, we will be using handguns!
    Let me Know I am looking for a hunting buddy for this hunt!
    Hmmm, lessee . . . . I’m gonna be “persona non grata ambulatum” (NO WALKING) for 6-8 weeks . . . . .so, line me up a helo for daily insertion and extraction with skid mounted 50 cal BMGs and . . . , yeah, we can look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I handload my carry ammo. My Kel Tec 9 likes the Hornady 115 grain XTPs, but they're to short OAL for the TH9c, so I load Winchester's 115 grain JHP to +P levels. They're accurate and I can seat 'em out where they feed 100 percent. Actually, I'd already worked the load up for my old Ruger P85 and had a box loaded to try in the TH9c when I got it. I also had some old IDPA loads with the same bullet at lower velocities to work through the gun. Ruger had the same problem with XTPs as the TH9c. I've put a LOT of those bullets through that Ruger as I shot it in IDPA 20 years ago. The Winchesters are good stuff in 9mm, accurate and reliable.

Yeah, another beef I have with Walmart is their clueless employees. I almost got into an argument with a lady over 9mm practice ammo. I wanted the 9mm federal ALUMINUM. She insisted the box was 9mm FMJ, not aluminum. "We don't have Aluminum, sir, just full metal jacket." I found it on the shelf and pointed it out to her what exactly I wanted. Says "ALUMINUM" in big letters on the box.

Brass is nearly as cheap now days as aluminum. I started getting the brass even though I feel compelled to put the tarp out with the stuff to catch the brass. I'm really not sure why, just my old habits and not wanting to waste brass. The stuff is as cheap as I can LOAD 9mm without using my own cast bullets. It's cheap enough I don't bother casting OR loading practice ammo anymore.
    I’ve been very lucky (every paired appendage crossed) with WalMart so far. By far, they are where I buy most of my range ammo and, at least recently, some premium HP/SD ammo. And while it can sometimes be difficult to find someone to help you out, rarely do I find a completely naive employee to assist. There are 3 WMs within 10 miles of me and I frequent them enough that I’ve gotten to know the personnel who cover the sporting goods sections. I’ve had no one argue about an ammo characteristic and, in fact, they typically walk to right where my questions are headed before I finish asking the question. And, one of those WMs is set up like some mentioned at Academy - the ammo is displayed on the shelves rather than behind the counter. Still behind locked sliding glass panes but displayed in the open like everything else.

And, surprisingly, WM has begun carrying some newer Federal premium lines of SD ammo not yet available in some of the other LGSs and dedicated sporting goods stores. And 2 if my recent long gun purchases - Ruger 10/22 TD and Henry SteelBoy lever in 357 Mag - were purchased from WM because they could be had for $50-100 less than at a LGS.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10344 times
    Wally World is very dependent on the local store and its management.

If I go to my local, close to the city, Wally World the people behind the counter are clueless. I do not expect them to answer any questions about arms or ammo. In fact, back before Christmas they managed to lose a firearm and therefore lost their FFL for several months.

If I go a little further out in the country to a Wally World, the guy behind the counter can answer just about any question I ask him, including what firearms are not on display but in stock. He has a couple of Turkish made TriStar 20 gauge over and unders in stock, but not displayed, that are very interesting, especially at $360.

I guess you could say that Wally World is hit, or miss. A friend of mine says that aliens walk among us, he calls them WalMartians.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    26087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I handload my carry ammo.
    UH--OHHH!
    well that's it you savage, bet you put poison in the hollow points, dip the projectile in Arsenic, load them up to triple power, the District Attorney, the prosecutor, the police chief, the judge, the jury, President Trump. Nancy Pelosi, the paper boy is going to hang you IF you shoot someone with those!
    OK so now we got that out of the way!
    carry on with the discussion!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Good news, I found no signs of foul play. It looks like only one magazine had been used and just a hint of a smiley face on the barrel, so I believe that it has had less than 100 rounds through it. I took it to the range yesterday and initially had the usual Glock low left hits but I made adjustments to my grip and stance and I started to improve.

olfarhos, I lived in Atlanta for fourteen years and my brother is a Firefighter in Nashville. Perhaps you can introduce me to someone at the AFD? I'd love to do images similar to what I've done with my brother.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    26087 times
    I really only know retired firefighters now, I have been retired since 1998.
    all my guys are now retired as well as pretty much everyone that was there when I retired.
    we do have a retired firefighter that is a professional photographer as well and comes to our bi monthly get togethers.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10344 times
    OK, time to get back on topic.....about time!

Ordered some Ameriglo iDot sights for the G26 I am building.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    I can't believe that I forgot to post this until now, but yesterday I bought a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition and a spare magazine.

It's got a laser-engraved Stainless Steel slide with front/rear serrations and an Aluminium skeletonized trigger.

I'm really liking it so far, seems like my ideal EDC/BUG, especially during the hot Summer months when I prefer to dress in a tank top and shorts.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1075 times
    Bought another pair of champion convertible ballistic shooting glasses black frame clear lens.Lesson learned when the 3 years old grandson is visiting. lol

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links