Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours? - Page 327
Page 327 of 355 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3547
Like Tree6499Likes

Thread: Have you purchased anything gun related in the last forty eight hours?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18836 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    That ammunition reminds me of reversed Hollow base wadcutters....

Don

I believe that is what it was intended to look and PERFORM like - a reverse loaded wadcutter. Thus far, I’ve only shot them in my SP101 at an indoor range and haven’t recovered any shot rounds to see how they expand but I do plan on doing some outdoor shooting later this spring and summer and rectify that issue.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I was walking past the sporting goods counter at Walmart and there was actually a person attending the counter! I was shocked, I tell ya, just shocked beyond belief. I figured I'd better take advantage of it with SOMEthing 'cause I may never see this again in my lifetime, so I bought a box of 100 9mm Federal Brass.

</sarcasm>
    yea--sure----
    FLShutterbug likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I believe that is what it was intended to look and PERFORM like - a reverse loaded wadcutter. Thus far, I’ve only shot them in my SP101 at an indoor range and haven’t recovered any shot rounds to see how they expand but I do plan on doing some outdoor shooting later this spring and summer and rectify that issue.

I have no idea now of what the name/company was but many, many years ago someone made a solid lead projectile that had a pin in the center of it.
    looked just like a reversed wad cutter that had a steel pin inserted into it.
    never saw it in any caliber but .357 and never loaded them .
    I think maybe the Hydra shok people put and end to this stuff ?
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18836 times
    With foot surgery upcoming the latter part of the week, I made an ammo run today.

1 box each:
    38 SPL 158 grn LFNs
    357 Mag 158 grn LFNs
    357 SIG 125 grn FMJ
    32 ACP
    32 S&W
    32 S&W Long

They had a ton of Remington soft lead round nose 32 and 38 in stock and, not frequently finding it in these numbers, picked up a little of everything. They even had a bunch of Remington 38 S&W which I hear can be difficult to find. As I understand it, the 38 S&W is a tad larger diameter than 38 SPL (even if only by several thousandths of an inch) and had to fight the urge to TRY shooting it out of a revolver chambered for 38 SPL. As I’ve said many times (esp re: the 327 Fed Mag) the more diversity (number of different ammo loads) you can pack into a gun - the better.

Oh, and I had just re-reviewed the 380/32 thread before going out which led me to the 32 loadings.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    529 times
    I stopped by my local gun store today to pick-up a Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/WMR Bird's Head revolver with a 3" barrel that I had previously purchased but which was being "held"....

Member #
    Liked
    5747 times
    They are really nice little guns Shutterbug, but I believe if you bought a new one it's a three and a half inch barrel I have not heard of a birdshead with a 3 inch barrel or any Heritage Rough Rider with a 3 inch barrel.

Put up a report as soon as you can please. I'd like to know what kind of accuracy you got out of it.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    With foot surgery upcoming the latter part of the week, I made an ammo run today.
    That reminds me as well!!
    are you up for a Brown Bear hunt say about 2 weeks from today, we will be using handguns!
    Let me Know I am looking for a hunting buddy for this hunt!
    oso likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    They are really nice little guns Shutterbug, but I believe if you bought a new one it's a three and a half inch barrel I have not heard of a birdshead with a 3 inch barrel or any Heritage Rough Rider with a 3 inch barrel.

Put up a report as soon as you can please. I'd like to know what kind of accuracy you got out of it.

Don

Best groups with ammo it likes give me 2" at 25 yards off the bench. Mine shoots a couple inches low and a couple inches left at that range. .22 magnum shoots a couple inches left and elevation is dead on. I just have to use a little Kentucky windage. Mine seems to like Remington Golden Bullet in LR and is much less picky with magnums.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I was walking past the sporting goods counter at Walmart and there was actually a person attending the counter! I was shocked, I tell ya, just shocked beyond belief. I figured I'd better take advantage of it with SOMEthing 'cause I may never see this again in my lifetime, so I bought a box of 100 9mm Federal Brass.

</sarcasm>
    I try to stay in sporting goods as much as possible, but there are times I have to go into the backroom for freight (not to mention breaks and lunch.) Sometimes I get a page on my walkie or overhead when I'm an aisle or two away--if the customer had walked my way instead of going to automotive (the usual place they go) they would have found me in fewer steps--but then, I call myself a "unicorn"--a sporting goods associate who knows something about what I'm selling (at least, when it comes to guns and ammo.)

BTW, at my store we've just started carrying Remington's Ultimate Defense JHP ammo, in 9mm, .380 and .38 Special. It's cheaper than Federal Hydra Shok but more expensive than WWB JHPs, with it running around $15 a box of 20.
    olfarhors and Czechbikr like this.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    I try to stay in sporting goods as much as possible, but there are times I have to go into the backroom for freight (not to mention breaks and lunch.) Sometimes I get a page on my walkie or overhead when I'm an aisle or two away--if the customer had walked my way instead of going to automotive (the usual place they go) they would have found me in fewer steps--but then, I call myself a "unicorn"--a sporting goods associate who knows something about what I'm selling (at least, when it comes to guns and ammo.)

BTW, at my store we've just started carrying Remington's Ultimate Defense JHP ammo, in 9mm, .380 and .38 Special. It's cheaper than Federal Hydra Shok but more expensive than WWB JHPs, with it running around $15 a box of 20.
    so what happens when you get called to the back and someone wants to check out?
    I mean surely there aren't two employees working at the same time in the same store are there?
    well you know not counting the first two weeks when they open a new wally world and you can't take a step without stepping on an associate!---LOL

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links