Sad story... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Sad story...

Member #
    Liked
    5219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasgirl View Post
    Late to the "party" but new here. I had NO interest in guns or shooting until 2 years ago. Divorce(after 27 years) and my EX leaving me very GRAPHIC messages about how he would get me...made me step up and decide I can't live in fear. Learned to shoot...got my CCW. I have wondered if it came to it...could I actually shoot him....over and over I've come to same conclusion....YEP...would NOT have a problem shooting my ex husband. I am forced to see him 1st of month(I pay HIM alimony)...better believe I'm carrying every single time.
    "Forced to see him"? What about USPS (the mail)?

Have you heard about the 21 foot rule? Search the phrase "21 foot rule" on YouTube to see how it applies. If the law requires you to be in the presence of your ex, you should both require that they affirm that he (and by extension you) are weapons-free and that they detain him until you are safely away from the site. Get a restraining order if you believe being in the same place with him is a clear and present danger to your safety. It's what you believe, regardless of anything else.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    843 times
    I had 3 police reports filed and a restraining order. The state of Nevada would only extend my initial restraining order by 3 months. He's actually civil now...yea he lives on the alimony I pay him. There is a method to my madness. I feel need to see him(he has no bank account for me to deposit into). I have started thinking like him and his trashy gf. I've had mutual friends confirm that my thinking is 100% correct. I wouldn't put it past her to call me one day or for her to show up on 1st to get his alimony saying "he's busy...asked me to come by." Yea...that ain't happening because I feel he could die and she wouldn't tell me or his sons so SHE could get his alimony as long as she can. I already told him...June 20124 isn't far away...what's your plan B????? Yep....I was ordered to pay alimony for 10 long years
    ​~ Different from the OTHER girls!!!!
    #VegasStrong

Member #
    Liked
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasgirl View Post
    Late to the "party" but new here. I had NO interest in guns or shooting until 2 years ago. Divorce(after 27 years) and my EX leaving me very GRAPHIC messages about how he would get me...made me step up and decide I can't live in fear. Learned to shoot...got my CCW. I have wondered if it came to it...could I actually shoot him....over and over I've come to same conclusion....YEP...would NOT have a problem shooting my ex husband. I am forced to see him 1st of month(I pay HIM alimony)...better believe I'm carrying every single time.
    Welcome to the forum. I can certainly understand not wanting to live in fear. I can certainly understand not wanting to live in fear. Hopefully the things he said were just talk and he'll never act on it. Trust me, other people can make the aftermath of a shooting a terrible thing for you personally, regardless of how the shooting might be, or even whether you win in court or not.

Having the ability to defend yourself against serious physical harm is good not just for specific threats like your EX but in general as well. I used to carry a small revolver off duty when I was an LEO. When I changed careers I ended up selling to someone wanted a small lightweight handgun to carry. At the time Ohio didn't have licensed concealed carry but since her EX had threatened her and she reported it, (also had a restraining order) she had a valid legal reason to carry under the law at that time. (a prudent person defense) Thankfully the EX never acted on his threats, and she eventually moved to another state. She continued to carry though, even though her fear of her EX doing anything had diminished, because she was carrying for so long and it was so convenient to carry it. It was years after she got the gun when she was leaving work and someone was hiding near her vehicle. He was a suspect in a number of sexual and other physical assaults against other women, but the police hadn't been able to catch him at that point. Her workplace was in a nice area with rarely any crime.

She might've ended up being his next victim if she hadn't had her gun with her. Not only did she defend herself, but in the process stopped him from victimizing other women as well. It was pretty easy for the police to find him after he was shot. In fact one of the detectives made a public statement to that effect, that her defending herself was instrumental in his capture. The irony is she started carrying because of a threat that never ended up happening, but later defended herself against an unknown threat that she never considered. Sometime you hear people say, "Oh, I carry, but only when I might need it." Most people shouldn't go someplace where might need to shoot somebody unless they absolutely have to. Besides, she didn't have a crystal ball to warn her that she was going to be a crime victim that day, and neither do those other people.
    kshunter and vegasgirl like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    This is indeed a very sad story. I have studied and taught Isshinryu Karate for nearly forty years, and hold the rank of Rokudan. Isshinryu is, at its heart, a very basic self defense oriented system featuring low kicks and close quarters fighting techniques.

I believe anyone who carries a firearm, or who studies any type of martial arts, has to positively decide without a doubt that they are prepared to do whatever it takes to eliminate a threat. That may mean talking down a situation; it might mean running; it might mean taking action.

One thing I've learned: every situation is different, and presents its own unique challenges.

I'm totally in favor of realistic physical training as part of a total self defense-self awareness mentality.

Having said that, I am now carrying my firearm. I hope and pray never to use it.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37546 times
    My Tae Kwon Do instructor was a 7th degree black belt and I ask him once about the best way to handle an attacker with a gun or a knife. His advice was "run".
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9059 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    My Tae Kwon Do instructor was a 7th degree black belt and I ask him once about the best way to handle an attacker with a gun or a knife. His advice was "run".
    Yeah, that'll work. Sounds like the Homer Simpson plan. Duh-oooh!
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links