• 2 Post By RScottie
  • 3 Post By rhugg
  • 1 Post By RustyYoungMan

Thread: BLINK OF AN EYE: Officers Forced to Shoot Suspect Who Won’t Be Tased

Member #
    Liked
    25262 times

BLINK OF AN EYE: Officers Forced to Shoot Suspect Who Won’t Be Tased

It is scary how fast an armed person can get a shot off.

BLINK OF AN EYE: Officers Forced to Shoot Suspect Who Won?t Be Tased ? Bearing Arms
    rollin thunder and Yissnakk like this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    48165 times
    A word to the wise and the stoopid.
    If you're holding something in a manner in which it looks like or could possibly be a firearm and the police tell you to drop what's in your hand, just simply do it.
    This includes toy guns, air soft guns, stick guns and even the occasional vapor puffer. Drop what you are holding or risk getting shot.
    Pretty simple, huh?
    Last edited by rollin thunder; 10-02-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    22257 times
    That story and the video make a very compelling case for police. Just watch some of the old westerns for the showdowns at high noon and watch how quickly a Single action army can be drawn, aimed and fired effectively. Now think of how the average LEO trains with their sidearm. Most will fire once or twice A YEAR. Given the odds, I'd put my money on the thug in 90+ % of the cases. If you have a Law enforcement officer pointing their firearm at you telling you to do something, It would be prudent to do it.
    FreeInAZ and RustyYoungMan like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    Suicide by SWAT.
    If you really want to die that badly - please take care of that yourself instead of forcing another man to cause your death and injuring an officer in the process.

Stand down orders - what has happened? React to a criminal with lower level force than confronted with?! Let's not rewrite THAT in the new rule book!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    25262 times
    I think the point here is how fast the bad guy was able to bring his firearm up to target and get two rounds off before the whole SWAT Team shot him.

It tends to put water on the argument that the Police shouldn't have shot Lil' Johnny because he only had a gun in his hand and had not pointed it at the police..."yet"...

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Cops are being forced to delay making good decisions at risk to their own lives. Leadership is not sending the message to obey law enforcement. Instead they are selling the notion that cops are racist and the thugs are victims that did nothing wrong.

The losers are the poor comunities where there is tyrany and the cops will not show up until they have large numbers.

I understand that the number of black men in jail is disproportionate. And I don't doubt that the data would support a poor black man doing the same crime typically gets a bigger punishment than a equally poor white man and that should be fixed but the question is was the law broken. The law should not be so subjective with sanctuary cities drugs and illegals not being importortant to enforce while transgender bathrooms are critical. Little secret, black on black crime is horrible compared to X on X crime.

The guy in this article got shot because he pointed a gun at cops. Some will say something stupid like 'but he had pschological problems', to that I say 'then somebody was responsible to get him help the cops have families.' Then we have the classic 'they should have shot to wound'
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    2253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    It is scary how fast an armed person can get a shot off.

BLINK OF AN EYE: Officers Forced to Shoot Suspect Who Won?t Be Tased ? Bearing Arms
    Definitely not a situation in which one would like to blink. Even though I knew EXACTLY what the video would show (article had screenshots and a play-by-play explanation), that was still a REALLY short time.

Would like to say, this case also supports the use of body cams for police. After all, a good video feed can only exonerate a LEO acting within his/her capacity.
    Peacemakr40 likes this.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links