EAA Windicator SS.357 Magnum 2" ported barrel ---anyone have any experience with one?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: EAA Windicator SS.357 Magnum 2" ported barrel ---anyone have any experience with one?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7578 times

EAA Windicator SS.357 Magnum 2" ported barrel ---anyone have any experience with one?

Our local Rural King has the EAA Windicator SS .357 Magnum 2" ported barrel for $249.00. The thing looks pretty darned good but you know what they say about that! I've checked Youtube videos but they all seem to be from a while ago and different models, plus, I've only been able to find the good (oooh ahhhh great gun!), the bad (finish is crap, shoots terrible at 15 yds), and the redneck (H'yuck H'yuck!! Caint beat that price!)

I'm hoping that someone here has at least had one in their hands at a range and can provide a little better insight.
    Please?

Thanks!
    switchbow likes this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    48028 times
    I pick one up everytime I'm at the gun show. They're made in Germany, imported by EAA.
    The blued finish seems nice to me. The only knock I've heard about them is, they're not accurate. We're talking a 2" barrel here.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times
    Yissnakk, what was your impression about the weight and bulk on that gun? The usually idea is for 2" revolvers to be concealable, but I hear the Windicators are very heavily built for structural purposes. The EAA site doesn't list the weight.

I have no experience to offer on the Windicator, but if you want a CCW, a J frame Smith, a 85 Taurus, 351 Rossi or a LCR Ruger might be a whole lot more pleasant to carry around. I own all four, and every one is excellent. If you want a range shooter or home defense gun, though, the EAA Windicator might be real nice. Best wishes.
    Yissnakk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    Yissnakk, what was your impression about the weight and bulk on that gun? The usually idea is for 2" revolvers to be concealable, but I hear the Windicators are very heavily built for structural purposes. The EAA site doesn't list the weight.

I have no experience to offer on the Windicator, but if you want a CCW, a J frame Smith, a 85 Taurus, 351 Rossi or a LCR Ruger might be a whole lot more pleasant to carry around. I own all four, and every one is excellent. If you want a range shooter or home defense gun, though, the EAA Windicator might be real nice. Best wishes.

It is heavy but not overly so IMO - definitely solid stainless construction, slightly larger than the Ruger LCR but not by much - mainly longer in the handle. I have been wanting another wheel gun for quite some time and this one really jumps out at you with the price! I just wanted to see if anyone had any practical experience with one and could compare it to a "better" gun.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    3898 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    It is heavy but not overly so IMO - definitely solid stainless construction, slightly larger than the Ruger LCR but not by much - mainly longer in the handle. I have been wanting another wheel gun for quite some time and this one really jumps out at you with the price! I just wanted to see if anyone had any practical experience with one and could compare it to a "better" gun.

Thanks!
    Hi Yissnakk, here is my opinion. There is such spotty info on this gun. I have handled it and it is substantially robust! I like it every time I pick it up and have never bought one because it seemed to good to be true. My little don't buy it voice has been screaming in my ear for more than 10 years! Okay, here it is, I say buy the darn thing and finnaly put my don't buy voice mute! Someone with a good eye and good gun sence for value needs to properly review the gun. There are many people like myself and Falstaff who really want one. Buy it and then use it to shoot that voice I keep hearing. I have a lot of respect for your opinion. I'll say this, if you buy it and like it, I'll go straight to the LGS less than five minutes from my home and buy the one they have! Help us all out here! Now you can buy knowing that you're making a contribution to our community of gun lovers! You'll be doing us all a favor....
    Last edited by switchbow; 08-16-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    "A man can hope, he can dream, he can pray. The toughest thing he'll ever do, is participate." Switchbow

"Class is something you acquire by your humility and forge with your conduct." Switchbow

"Go ahead, skin that smokewagon and see what happens" Wyatt Earp

T = Tolerating
    O = Overbearing
    L = Liberals
    E = Everywhere
    R = Repressing
    A = America's
    N = National
    C = Collective
    E = Efforts

Member #
    Liked
    48028 times
    Like I said, I fondle one each time I'm at a gun show. I have a half dozen or so of the Ruger Service Six, Securty Six, Police Six. They remind me of.my Ruger snubbie. It's the only reason I haven't purchased one, but now, I think I'll buy one for the ___ & giggles of it.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    We the People...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7578 times
    you guys are a bunch of enablers!

Wouldn't have it any other way :-)
    TrucksNCoffee and slong115 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    48028 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    you guys are a bunch of enablers!

Wouldn't have it any other way :-)
    It doesn't take much. Kinda like bringing the dessert tray out to the table
    Yissnakk likes this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    7509 times
    I have the 4" .357, I love it. Mine is very accurate and I think the finish is nice.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    The OP is a bad person and feel bad about this post

The purchase should have been made already

The members here deserve a review...
    Yissnakk likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links