I purchased my second gun ever today. I purchased my second Taurus ever today.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I purchased my second gun ever today. I purchased my second Taurus ever today.

Member #
    Liked
    225 times

I purchased my second gun ever today. I purchased my second Taurus ever today.

I went into academy looking for something bigger than my 738 TCP to use for home defense. I had settled on a double stack 9mm semi-auto for many reasons, one of the most important being that 9mm is cheap enough for me to do lots of shooting.

I was considering a 24/7 G2 or a 92. I wasn't interested in another concealed carry gun. I wanted something that would be powerful, have lots of rounds, and be fun to shoot. So, I played with them and they salesman said, "Here, just hold out your hand and I'll just switch them out for you." He stuck a PT111 Millennium G2 in my hand. Wow! FOR ME the Millennium G2 had the best ergonomics of everything I handled, including the Glocks and Rugers. It just felt great. The ergonomics are great. It looks great. The balance was better. It holds 12+1 rounds and comes with two magazines. Seriously, 13 rounds of 9mm hollow points should be enough to take care of that ONE time in my life that I MIGHT have to actually use my gun. Accessory rail. Easy take down. DA/SA. Strike two capability. Trigger safety. Great grips. Perfect size grip for all three of my fingers to fit.

I paid $299 for it, and I know other people pay less. I bought it too late to go straight to the range, so I haven't shot it yet. But this thing feels great without even shooting it. I can tell the fit and finish is very good.

Let's how how it shoots.
    Nebraska12, tns58, bigC and 13 others like this.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Congratulations on your purchase of the Millennium G2 PT111. I predict that you will be very pleased with the pistol.

Mine runs like a sewing machine, and I have the utmost confidence when I am armed with it.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    32028 times
    I don't own one, but I've held them and come darn close to buying them. The 111G2 has a fantastic grip.

Congratulations!
    gvelasco and muddcatt54 like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    Congrats! Pics or it never happened!

Be safe, shoot straight, and shoot often!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    19669 times
    Congrats on a couple of fine pistols!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    Congrats on the new gun!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    Congrats! Welcome to the ever growing club of those of us who love their Millennium G2!!!
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

McE
    Member #
    Liked
    4738 times
    AND it's still a viable carry size.

A 20-round PT92 might be overkill, but I'd hate to think about the price they wanted for that if they got $300 out of you for the MilG2
    Religion-- Giving hope to a world torn apart by religion.

Member #
    Liked
    2253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase of the Millennium G2 PT111. I predict that you will be very pleased with the pistol.

Mine runs like a sewing machine, and I have the utmost confidence when I am armed with it.
    Agreed. Fits like a glove, holds a respectable number of rounds, shoots right where you aim, is a compact little package, and can run all day.

Though it is the only polymer pistol I own, I am certain I will be picking another one of these up sometime in the near-ish future.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Member #
    Liked
    1095 times
    Congratulations! I started with the 738 TCP, and the PT111 Millennium G2 was also my second one (two weeks later). If you're anything like me, a few more to come.
    gvelasco likes this.
    Taurus PT738 TCP / PT111 Millennium G2 / PT-22 / Model 85 / PT1911
    Member of GOA, NRA, KSRA, GunChannels, Every2ndMatters - Kansas CCHL holder
    Kansas firearm enthusiast, 2A advocate and content creator
    GizzardGary.com - Follow me on YouTube / Patreon / Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
    Common-sense 2A advocacy - Discussion and advice for new firearm owners
    "Don't be chicken - it takes guts to defend yourself and your family!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links