2016 South Dakota TAnet meet........................... - Page 15
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: 2016 South Dakota TAnet meet...........................

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Ran into someone at my LGS today who is going to come to the event..............
    Lehigh Defense ammo just opened a plant here in Rapid City, and the plant manager would like to
    come out on Saturday!
    Black Hills ammo has a plant in Rapid City, don't they? Good chance to try out some of their products at the Buffalo Chip range!
    Sekol, loudviking and Bruntson like this.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmstncwby View Post
    We'll look it over. If it has firearm rentals, it might be a good time to try out a .22 pistol for her. She has pinched nerves in her neck so her grip isn't strong and she hates recoil. If she finds something she likes and will shoot, I'll get one and she can use it for home defense.

If you want to see where we shoot look at Lonestar Gun Gallery & Gear
    I will be bringing my S&W MP .22 it might be a little big but it has virtually no recoil and she is more than welcome to try it if she wants to(so is anyone else). It don't think I'll miss 500 or 1000 rounds out of my .22 stash...
    Sekol likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    I'll be a big maybe on Friday. No idea how much time I will spend out in the Badlands Friday morning. Heck, after the long flight and drive Thursday I may not want to drive the Badlands at all. Really would also like to find time to drive out to Devils Tower which is the opposite direction of the Badlands.
    If you go to Devils Tower take me. From Rapid City and back, that's about a 10 beer road trip. That was in my younger days and I was a little more foolish back them...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdog1 View Post
    If you go to Devils Tower take me. From Rapid City and back, that's about a 10 beer road trip. That was in my younger days and I was a little more foolish back them...
    From Rapid City, it is about 1.5 hours to Devils Tower one way going by way of I-90, so figure part of a day (and about 20 beers! ) if you leave early in the morning (read: before first light).
    Aberdog1 and Sekol like this.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    That's what I meant. 10 beers per person and that doesn't include the towns in between. I even helped build I-90 from the SD state line to Sundance. And we won't talk about how many beers that took...
    Rossi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times
    I'm thinking I'm only going to bring .22 handguns to Rapid City. Maybe a couple of .32 S&W Long revolvers, too. I injured my left shoulder, so two handed shooting and rifle shooting are out.

Might be a good excuse to shop for a Taurus or Rossi .22 revolver while I'm up in South Dakota, though. .

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    I'm thinking I'm only going to bring .22 handguns to Rapid City. Maybe a couple of .32 S&W Long revolvers, too. I injured my left shoulder, so two handed shooting and rifle shooting are out.

Might be a good excuse to shop for a Taurus or Rossi .22 revolver while I'm up in South Dakota, though. .
    What .32 revolvers do you have?
    Rossi likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7243 times
    I will probably bring the whole herd, maybe only a few rifles......................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    What .32 revolvers do you have?
    A 1946 Smith and Wesson .32 Hand Ejector, and a 1960's vintage Rossi with a 3" barrel.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    A 1946 Smith and Wesson .32 Hand Ejector, and a 1960's vintage Rossi with a 3" barrel.
    Nice, look forward to seeing them.
    Rossi and loudviking like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links