Gun-Toting Burglar Bursts Into Tears When Confronted By Armed Homeowner. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Gun-Toting Burglar Bursts Into Tears When Confronted By Armed Homeowner.

Member #
    Liked
    6953 times
    Kid was really lucky, next time might be a differnt story.

Member #
    Liked
    30155 times
    Training 1.0

During deadly force confrontations, one sinks to their lowest level of training...
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    3354 times
    After this article, I bet he will be doing a lot more crying for his inmates. Nothing like going to prison with a good rep.
    "Think me not unkind and rude, that I walk alone in grove and glen;
    I go to the god of the wood, to fetch his word to men."
    Emerson

"Bene qui latuit bene vixit"

..even oppressing heat may be visited by a cool breeze..
    Doug

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8295 times
    The gun trumps any age consideration. He's very lucky to be alive - next time, I hope he leaves in a bag.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22957 times
    Wow, cannot believe everyone wished the homeowner had shot the intruder. I know we get riled up at times and what probably saved that kid's life was that the homeowner was a military vet and had seen real combat. He sized up the situation up pretty quickly and doubt he would have wasted any time in shooting in true self defense if the kid had made any moves contrary to putting the gun down and begging the homeowner to call the police. Personally, I hope the intervention made a helluvan impression on the kid and he does get his life straightened out.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8499 times
    I don't buy the military thing if anything it worked against him . Think about it, rules of engagement! you must be fired on to fire back. Thats how he and the rest of our military have been trained. And unlike like a normal citizen where you just have to have fear of life or great bodily harm. If someone with a gun is actively fighting a family member then he's crossed the line. I'm not wishing for the chance to shoot someone but I have seen what happens when a criminal has the upper hand they do not respond to commands. They normally shoot first. They already know they are in trouble and if they think they can get away they will do whatever it takes to do so. Betting that they will drop their gun is a good way to get your family killed along with yourself. JMO If you hesitate you will lose!!!
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    34121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Wow, cannot believe everyone wished the homeowner had shot the intruder. I know we get riled up at times and what probably saved that kid's life was that the homeowner was a military vet and had seen real combat. He sized up the situation up pretty quickly and doubt he would have wasted any time in shooting in true self defense if the kid had made any moves contrary to putting the gun down and begging the homeowner to call the police. Personally, I hope the intervention made a helluvan impression on the kid and he does get his life straightened out.
    Thank you sir. I find it awful to hear people wishing this kid had died. Yes, he made some incredibly bad choices. But I say hoping he got the message and straightens himself out is more constructive than wishing this boy had been killed.
    FearNot likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links