1 5.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Phase 2: MN/WI/IA/MI Meet, greet, shoot & eat - Location

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times

Talking Phase 2: MN/WI/IA/MI Meet, greet, shoot & eat - Location

So, after some emails and phone calls - thanks Sekol! - I think it's time to narrow down the location for our "Meet, Greet Shoot & Eat". At this point in time, everything looks good for Milford Hills. Thanks rhuber for giving us this location.

Also, on the time frame, I think given everyone schedules and work load (I know am crazy busy!), we are looking at July. Possibly, 13 or 27. This gives us plenty of time to plan the event ahead of time and get everything in place.

The nice thing about Milford Hills, they have a range master, full gun shop, cater food etc. And, we are looking at around $ 35 per person.

That being said it's time for you folks to let us know what you think about our location. If there is another location you would like to add or give us info on, please let us know via the thread.

SD/ND is not on the poll, and as mingaa pointed out it looks like this is going to be too much of a drive for some members in MI/WI/IA to get to. A meet and greet in that part of the country is quite possible and from what I hear, loudviking has some great plans for an event out there.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    OK. So I really want to be a part of this meet, greet, shoot & eat. So much so, I just got an airline ticket. Actually, I had a credit with the airline that had to used to book a flight by midnight tonight, so I took a little chance and booked a flight into Madison on May 16. Sure hope you hold it at Millford Hills that weekend! Either way, looks I'll be headed to Wisconsin that weekend.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” ― Ronald Reagan

Milford Hills, WI 2014 Sand Lake, TX 2015 Hawthorne, FL 2015

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    July? Well, maybe I can change the flights...
    Sekol likes this.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” ― Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22850 times
    Ace - that is a GREAT post! So concise and clear, easy to understand! I've been going in so many different directions today I don't know which way is up, and it was great to read what we've found out presented in this direct manner! You are good!

Now gcsteve - don't' go changing your flights yet - let's see what folks think about which day is best, and if they have a better location. Once we get things firmed up - you call that airline ASAP! So far, those of us that have been working on this are looking at the Milford Hills location as a good one, but someone might even have a better one so here's their chance to speak up!

As an aside - and not to hijack this thread: loudviking and I have been chatting today and he has all sorts of fabulous ideas for a meet in the Black Hills of SD. It will be a separate meet and will have it's own thread very, very soon and right now I'll let you know that we are thinking September 2014 and perhaps a national Sept 2015.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread on on our Wisconsin meet - OK cheeseheads - is there any better place than Millford Hills for a meet? This place does sound very accommodating and firearm friendly! Let us know what you think and if you can make it! I can practically smell the yummy beer brats grilling on the bar b que right now!!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    It's all good. I needed to purchase something today with that credit or loose it completely. So, if it needs to be changed, not a huge deal. Really looking forward to the trip.
    Sekol likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22850 times
    Great gcsteve! Looks like we might be able to book an excursion from the east coast!
    PurpleHouse and Lance0812 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsteve285 View Post
    OK. So I really want to be a part of this meet, greet, shoot & eat. So much so, I just got an airline ticket. Actually, I had a credit with the airline that had to used to book a flight by midnight tonight, so I took a little chance and booked a flight into Madison on May 16. Sure hope you hold it at Millford Hills that weekend! Either way, looks I'll be headed to Wisconsin that weekend.
    Man, that blows.

After a few phone calls and emails with Sekol - we decided to push it back a few weeks, and then decided it was best to go into July. That way we can get a day/date hammered out well in advance thereby an opportunity to make the event more inclusive. If we aim for May, by the time we have a date picked it'll be pretty doggone close and some folk might not be able to make it. Now, if we were in TX or FL - with a large number of members - a short notice might be OK and the turn out would still be good. I think July is going to be plenty of time to plan ahead, take time off from work (Hombre) and make that drive (Mingaa). Hope this helps have more people come out to our meet and greet.

Also, weather should be more seasonable (above 50, for you guys) and should be a better day for us to meet. Heck, I've already invited my FiL to join us.

Keep those comments and thoughts coming!
    Sekol and Lance0812 like this.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    22850 times
    Well, I'm posting again to try to keep this up on the home page - Where are all the Wisconsinites? Is there a polka fest there tonight?

PS - you should see DH and I really cut a rug to polka!
    PurpleHouse and Lance0812 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Well, I'm posting again to try to keep this up on the home page - Where are all the Wisconsinites? Is there a polka fest there tonight?

PS - you should see DH and I really cut a rug to polka!
    It is Tuesday night. And like any other place in the good ol' Midwest, it is probably Bingo night.

PS - By mentioning Polka, are you suggesting that our meet and greet is also going to have some form of entertainment apart from shooting....?

Member #
    Liked
    6121 times
    I am good for Millford Hills. I have to go through the calendar to see when my days off will be. May be ok anyway. It will just mean a shorter stay if it is on a weekend prior to a Monday work day. I will let you all know.
    Sekol and shiftace like this.
    hombre

Never forget...9/11/01

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links