I’ve heard that early Taurus guns weren’t very good, have things improved?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: I’ve heard that early Taurus guns weren’t very good, have things improved?

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I’ve heard that early Taurus guns weren’t very good, have things improved?

• In 1977 present ownership bought 54% of Taurus outright from Bangor Punta. At once a quest to improve overall quality of Taurus product was initiated. One of the new owners' first goals was to improve the overall quality of Taurus products, while -maintaining reasonable prices. The new owners also undertook a vigorous expansion program.
    • At the Dallas, Texas S.H.O.T. Show in 1984, Taurus made an announcement that was to have a tremendous impact on the entire industry. Taurus became the first company to offer its customers an unqualified LIFETIME REPAIR POLICY. This one piece of marketing changed the course of the company in this market. Only recently has this policy been matched. It has never been exceeded.

Sources:
    Taurus USA History
    American Handgunner, May, 2002 by Charles Cutshaw

This FAQ was the product of the group effort of all the moderators of Taurus Armed.

john_bud, Ebha and ISSMER like this.
    [size=14pt]Senior Grand Master Tin Can Shooter and Paper Target Puncher[/size]

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c.../sightspd4.jpg PT1911: Burnished Slide,
    Colobolo Grips,
    Millett 100
    Low Profile rear
    PT145: with HIVIZ
    Front Sight
    Browning
    Hi-Power,
    Green sealed
    Fiber Optic
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...icfrontmp9.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    good info

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30991 times
    Cimarron was a wealth of good information. We lost him a couple of years ago, and we miss him alot.
    rhuber likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    The lifetime warranty is a policy that can't be exceeded. What else they can give you? Two lifetimes warranty? To do that, they'll have to include a reincarnation certificate.
    No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    That's a shame.. I hate loosing good guys... I loose them at work and it really plays havoc.... I hate it.. hope he is doing well.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3mogul View Post
    That's a shame.. I hate loosing good guys... I loose them at work and it really plays havoc.... I hate it.. hope he is doing well.
    I'm sorry, reviewing my post I guess I was unclear. Cim died 2 years ago. He was a great mod and a great person. He was an ordained minister and he wasn't really that old, late 50's or early 60's. Like I said, he is missed here.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    The newer Taurus seem quite a bit better but their quality control is too hit & miss that I still dont consider them very good. If it were not for their low prices I probley would'nt own any.
    Last edited by rjr573; 01-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I own 9 Taurus' tell me they are no good and I'll be happy to shoot you with one of them then you tell me if they are still junk... I am NOT attacking you, just playing and having fun... they have a fantastic customer support and non of my guns ever failed... not one
    SpudForce likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8234 times
    Take it easy guys this thread was started in 07 and the the Super Moderator has passed on. He is seriously missed and was an amazing person who would not appreciate this to turn into a pissing match.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Ha,ha - Thanks for the offer but I'll pass... They are not that bad. :-)

I've owned about 20 Taurus in the past 6 or 7 years (autos and revolvers) and have only had problems with 3 or 4 of them that I can remember (mostly autos). I never had to send one back as i was always able to fix them myself.
    Last edited by rjr573; 01-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links