I’ve heard that early Taurus guns weren’t very good, have things improved? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: I’ve heard that early Taurus guns weren’t very good, have things improved?

Member #
    Liked
    7065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Ha ha ha! Funny stuff right there! From 2007 no less!
    Oh, come on! What's a decade or so between friends?
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    The only Taurus Problem I Had was a PT22 circa 1994, the frame cracked in 3 places less than a 1000 rounds , sent it for warranty, got a TCP, all others Great Guns Name:  Taurus 111G2, 709, 738, .jpg
Views: 154
Size:  2.57 MB

Member #
    Liked
    1911 times
    Since this thread has been revived anyway, I figure that I'll throw in my own personal experiences with Taurus firearms...

My first experience with Taurus was in 2015 when my brother bought a Taurus Judge for Home Defense, which left such a positive impression on me that 2 years later in 2017, I bought one for myself in the Magnum configuration with the 3" Cylinder.
    However, one negative thing about his Judge was the matte black finish, which was neither durable nor corrosion-resistant seeing as it wore off just from regular handling in under a year which ultimately resulted in him refinishing it with Duracoat, at which point he found a bit of surface rust beneath the grips, so when I bought mine I opted for Stainless Steel.

Although I've only owned it for about 9 months now, I've been very pleased with my Judge and haven't regretted my purchase. It's a good Revolver at a great price, and the fit/finish is actually better than some modern Smith & Wessons I've handled due to having a more consistent/even bead-blasted Stainless Steel finish and less sharp edges.

Furthermore, due to the combined positive experiences my brother and I had with Taurus, we went on to buy our parents 3 different Taurus firearms as gifts over the years, (a TCP-738, Rough Rider, and a 605) all of which have been problem-free so far.

So far my experiences with Taurus have been positive and trouble-free, although I must admit that I'm a bit leary of purchasing anymore Taurus brand firearms now that they've recently withdrawn their Lifetime Warranty from all their latest firearms produced since 2017, so I'll be interested in seeing the experiences other folks may post in this thread in the future.
    glenwolde likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21571 times
    I like zombie threads. Sometimes I get a "like" on a post I don't even remember.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10347 times
    Me, too. Sometimes, before I realize it's a blast from the past I'll be reading it and think, "I have something to say about that." Then I read a little further and discover that I already have...
    glenwolde and nevadabob like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    799 times
    Biggest bad thing, was finding out there was no more lifetime warranty on Taurus firearms. That was one of the reasons I went ahead and bought the G2c
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    very good time to be resurected as Taurus has seemed to have improved reliability. The new G2c has gotten lots of great reviews on the web lately and has got me convinced I need one.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Yeah I think Taurus has gotten a lot better over the past five or so years.... I have owned so many of them since 2005 I would have to go back through my logbook to remember them all.... The few I can remember having any trouble with was a 24/7 OSS that was getting light primer strikes.... a model 85 ultralite revolver where the cylinder would bind a little bit which was an easy fix caused by a rough Machining on the little gear that turns the cylinder... The newer SA/DA like the PT111 G2 and the PT709 Slim work fine unless you get them into a double action situation then because the striker is not pulled as far to the rear as in single action they get light primer strikes..... really my only issue for quite a while has been recently against my better judgement and things I read about Light Strike problems on the internet I found a good deal and bought a Taurus spectrum because I really like the design and everything about the gun but it is having issues with light primer strikes... I even sent it into Taurus which is the first time I have ever use their repair service and after 12 weeks they send it back to me saying there's nothing wrong with it so apparently it's ammunition related.... I tried several different types of ammo with varying degrees of luck but apparently whatever they were using is not what I've been using.... I know some people with quite a few rounds through the spectrum's without any issues at all so it's kind of Hit and Miss Thing I guess with that model...

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6929 times
    If I give my opinion all I am going to do is tick off a lot of people................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I wasn't familiar with Taurus in the 80s but I remember reading about one of their guns in magazine around '87 & they said quality control had gone up. Early '90s I bought a model 85, liked it & bought another for my wife. No problems, shot well. A few years ago I could not find a S&W 66 Plus anywhere, new or used. I got a new Taurus 66 7-round & love it. Way cheaper, great trigger SA or DA, tight lock up & accurate. My wife's house gun when I worked night shift.
    (2) Ruger .38 LCR
    Taurus 66 with Hogue grips (my avatar)
    Taurus TX22
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45 acp
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    Beretta Pico .380
    Ruger 22/45 .22

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links