What is the history of the 900 series pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    105 times

• Taurus entered the medium-frame pistol field in 1992 with its PT940 pistol with a 4" barrel and 10 round capacity magazine. The firing pin in these pistols is physically blocked unless the trigger is pulled to the rear. As with other Taurus pistols, all 900 series handguns have a hammer forged alloy frame and come equipped with a visible and tactile loaded chamber indicator.
    • In 1994, Taurus moved into the .45 ACP medium-frame pistol market with its PT945. The Commander-sized PT945 features a loaded chamber indicator in addition to Taurus' proprietary security system, which was the first in the industry to be integrated into the design of the handgun itself.
    • In 1997 came the introduction of the PT911 and PT938 in 9x19 and 9x17mm (.380 ACP), respectively. Both pistols are similar in appearance, but are functionally quite different. The PT911 is a compact locked breech 9mm while the PT938 is blowback operated.

Sources:
    Taurus USA History
    American Handgunner, May, 2002 by Charles Cutshaw

This FAQ was the product of the group effort of all the moderators of Taurus Armed.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well explained. It's really hard to choose pistols. Now i know what's best to have one based on their appearances and functions. Thanks for it!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links