24/7 model differences?
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

24/7 model differences?

I searched FAQ and other places on the forum for an explanation of the differences in the various 24/7 models (and also for an explanation of the model abbreviations used on the forum, for example: 24/7 Pro DS C - I don't know what the DS stands for, I suppose the C is for Compact). I have a 2009 PT 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP, and I have a very hard time telling whether a specific post is about that model or a different 24/7 model, and I don't know the differences in the 24/7 models enough to tell whether a specific post about a different model might also apply to my weapon or not.
    "Ol' Dragonbreath", my PT 24/7 Pro .45 ACP, and "Snarky", my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm

"It ain't what you know's so that gets you inta trouble, it's what you know's so that AIN'T!" Artemus Ward

Member #
    Liked
    1963 times
    You've come to the right place. I just happen to have the Taurus 2010 catalog.

There are 75 different models. All show the SA/DA action and the DS, which I think stands for Decocker Safety.
    The great division is between the OSS and PRO models. All the OSS have the long slide and black tennifer finish, except for one stainless steel in each of the 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP calibers. Half have Novak night sights.

The great variety shows up in the 48 PRO models. A dozen different finishes, long, standard and compact sizes, 3.33,4 and 5in. barrels and 9mm,.40 and .45 ACP calibers.

Your model has the SA/DA action and the decocker I bet. So any post about those should be interesting.

I have the PRO standard and the compact titanium. Both shoot fine.

Others, especially the moderators, will have much more experience and better data.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Don't forget the 24/7 G2 - the combination of the Pro, OSS, and 800 series models...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2851 times
    Don't know the difference in the models- relax- you are not alone.

Member #
    Liked
    2877 times
    Bre is correct. The DS is for decocking safety. There is a LS version, long slide. C is the compact. OSS is also the long slide version. It sounds like your gun is the 4" barrel without the decocking safety. Unless you are going to totally disassemble everything, they are basically the same internally.
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I just purchased a 9mm oss that I get to pick up Monday. I can confirm the oss models come with the decocker safety and a 5 1/4" match grade barrel and are technically a long slide version of the gun. I was confused as to what mags are interchangable with which other guns though that is probably something that would make a whole new thread on its own.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So with all that being said, can you let me know what model/info. is for this gun I'm looking at purchasing used but in great condition?
    RT 24/7 PRO DS (.45 cal.).

I'm new to the Taurus field so I greatly appreciate any information. Also, are warranties tansferrable or are they for the original owner?

Thanks.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NtheFamily View Post
    So with all that being said, can you let me know what model/info. is for this gun I'm looking at purchasing used but in great condition?
    RT 24/7 PRO DS (.45 cal.).

I'm new to the Taurus field so I greatly appreciate any information. Also, are warranties tansferrable or are they for the original owner?

Thanks.
    Taurus warranty is on the gun, not the owner. So you have the same warranty as the original owner, except you would have to pay to ship it for repair.

Wish I could help on that model, but not sure from discription exactly which one it is. Fromnthe 2010 catalogue, there are about 14 models of the 45 24/7.

Last edited by Robby; 01-22-2013 at 05:50 AM.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    1108 times
    So explanation on 24/7 Pro C 9mm is? Since we're asking?
    Last edited by lonestarbandit; 01-22-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    "Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo" Texas CHL holder and Distinguished NRA member.
    "When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe."

Sponsored Links