Just picked up 5 boxes of PPU 9mm from Cabela's for $14.99 each
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coypu76

Thread: Just picked up 5 boxes of PPU 9mm from Cabela's for $14.99 each

Member #
    Liked
    826 times

Just picked up 5 boxes of PPU 9mm from Cabela's for $14.99 each

I've shot PPU (Prvi Partizan) ammo from Serbia before - good stuff.
    And what a great price! Sweet!
    rodfair likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46228 times
    Nice find, I reload PPU brass and never have a problem with it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    3472 times
    How does it compare to Russian ammo? The Tula and Bear ammos make me nervous.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5829 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    How does it compare to Russian ammo? The Tula and Bear ammos make me nervous.
    IMO, it's closer to buying Remington UMC target rounds than Tula or Bear. Brass cases, the residue is more of a brown film than the black soot that Tula and Bear produce, and they're just as accurate from my 92 as any other top branded ammo. The only difference I've noticed is the smell of the burning powder, it has a very distinct odor to it but I haven't had any failures on firing, loading, or jamming. I actually still have a good 250 rounds of that on hand, and wouldn't be shy using it in any weapon I own. I've also got a couple hundred in .45 ACP, and their best buy IMO is the .40 S&W JHP's that sell for the same price as most target loads in .40 S&W on the market.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    19084 times
    I keep hearing stories such as this find. Even one of my FFLs showed me some .40 and 9mm he picked up in a Walmart from the other end of town...$12.99 for some 9mm and $14.99 for some .40s&w.

Heck, I still happy when I can come across some $26 45acp on SGA. Glad I don't really need ammo right now. But, if I could find deals like this, I would be picking it up.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    21898 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Glad I don't really need ammo right now. But, if I could find deals like this, I would be picking it up.
    ...and hence comes the shortage...
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    21456 times
    ok, I looked over this a few times since it was posted and something hit me as wrong.. I found out what it is...... How did you get 5 boxes from Cabelas since every store I've heard of has limited boxes of centerfire pistol to 3 per customer.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    3472 times
    I bought 4 boxes of 9mm from Cabelas via UPS, no problem.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links