9mm Average Price Per Round Report 05/17/2013

Average Ammo Prices for 9mm pistol ammunition compiled by ammo type from GunBot.Net. List of covered dealers is HERE.

Ammo Type (includes all rounds in category Average Price per Round Daily Delta Vendors with in-stock ammo Daily Delta
Full Metal Jacket (includes FMJ and MC) $0.88 +$0.08 36 -5
Jacketed Hollow Point (includes HP and Bonded) $1.12 -$0.05 33 +9
ReMfg $.56 na 6 +3

Ammo categories include a wide variety of grades, types, brands and lot sizes.
Reloads are excluded - report includes only new ammo. Custom, frangible, lead-free and other non-standard types also excluded.
Average price is computed only on ammo available for purchase.

The number of vendors with in-stock ammo continues to go up. Prices for both ball and hollow point ammo dropped today, and I've also added remanufactured ammo to the mix. Also watching the number of vendors as it changes is an important datum, so I've added the delta on vendors as well. Too early to say there's a trend, but the supply chain looks to be easing a tiny bit. Once more I think unless the folks at Cheaper Than Dirt are really greedy and avaricious, the PMC Starfire there for $2.98 a round is an anomaly. If we exclude that round, the daily average is $1.06 for hollow points, a drop of $0.03 from yesterday's total similarly adjusted to exclude the CHD price for Starfires.

As always, I'm looking at 9mm because that's what I'm interested in, and I'm only tallying factory new FMJ and JHP rounds. No remanufactured, lead-free, frangible, primer only or other custom rounds, just new 9mm commodity ammo. Don't like the choice? Make your own report.

This report is FREE and worth exactly what it costs!