Copper Only Projectiles (C.O.P.) .380 ACP 80 Grain Solid Copper Hollow Points
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By olfarhors

Thread: Copper Only Projectiles (C.O.P.) .380 ACP 80 Grain Solid Copper Hollow Points

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times

Copper Only Projectiles (C.O.P.) .380 ACP 80 Grain Solid Copper Hollow Points

I did a quick search to see if anyone had posted on this ammo (me included!) and I couldn't find anything. Therefore, does anyone have any experience with this COP Solid copper ammo? For the price I was thinking it would make as good or better practice ammo than bulk FMJ, and it could be used for secondary defense as well -- as occasional replacement for my favorite Hydra-Shoks.......

HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    ???, OK, are you sure this is ammunition and NOT projectiles??
    The only COP that i am aware of is projectiles?
    I have currently got both 80 grani and 115 grian projectiles and have worked loads up fro the 80 grain in the 380 caliber, test fired them and pressure tested for top loads.
    they run perfectly in the Sig 238, the Taurus 738 and the bersa thunder.
    I hope to expansion test them before to long but as thtas imposisble to do at a indoor range i must wait for my neighbor to line up his shooting spot and will do a report on the relaoding boards once this is done.
    again I don't know if you are asking about complete ammunition or just projectiles, but the projectiles run about twice the cost of Gold Dot, XTP, Golden Sabre projectiles so can't imagine finished ammo being cheap to shoot as a FMJ.
    hope this helps.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Well, yes...COP is loaded ammunition. I have been considering a purchase of their 10mm ammunition; the price (for 25 rounds, I think), is much more reasonable than the cartridges made with Barnes all-copper bullets. I haven't seen any reviews of the COP performance at all, much less a comparison between the COP and the Barnes bullets.
    Terri is right. There are a few companies who have this ammunition, including Midwayusa: Ammo 40 S&W 155 Grain Solid Copper Hollow Point Box of 25

In addition, there are a couple of informal tests on Youtube. The performance there is fair, but IMHO to be expected for the price.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    OK, I haven't even seen them advertised as finished ammunition.
    The reason that i asked was the staement that they may be cheaper to shoot than FMJ?
    a box of 50 cost me about 20 bucks with brass to reload and thats about 3 times what a conventional FMJ/ copper plated/lead cost to reload the same 50 and about 2 -2 1/2 times as much to reload Gold Dots/ Golden Sabre/ Hornady XTP.
    thats why i was asking, I think cost for the Fifty 80 grain projectiles only are about 17-18 bucks, then theres shipping.
    so just how cheap are these loaded rounds?
    I may be better off buying finished ammo.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times
    Well, it all depends on the value you put on your own labor, and the fun and enjoyment you get from reloading. You likely get better performance with your own loads as well. However, for someone like me who is not a reloader, $10-$15 for a box of 25 decently performing hollowpoints is a good thing. Sure, I can get some cheap FMJs for roughly the same price (albeit 50 vs. 25), but for me as an individual, it is a good deal.

BTW, thanks for letting us know that you have been reloading these bullets. You likely have some good insight for us in terms of their performance. I am especially interested in your .380 loads as that is the caliber I am looking at purchasing.......

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Actually not a whole lot that you can do with the 380 due to the small case but you can get some improvement.
    The copper projectiles are longer than others as well so case capacity is reduced but performance of the projectile is normally top notch.
    acuracy was as good or better than factory loads in the COP, gold dot and Golden sabre, the COP should be in th 900 FPS range by the loading, again i backed off a /10th grain as was starting to get primer cratering.
    Hopefully can get them expansion tested before to long and post the results.
    RevolverFan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Actually not a whole lot that you can do with the 380 due to the small case but you can get some improvement.
    The copper projectiles are longer than others as well so case capacity is reduced but performance of the projectile is normally top notch.
    acuracy was as good or better than factory loads in the COP, gold dot and Golden sabre, the COP should be in th 900 FPS range by the loading, again i backed off a /10th grain as was starting to get primer cratering.
    Hopefully can get them expansion tested before to long and post the results.
    Sweet! I can't wait to see the results!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links