Suggestions for 9mm defensive rounds - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Suggestions for 9mm defensive rounds

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    I would not want to kill anyone but I would not stop fighting untill the threat was nutrilized.
    olfarhors and Smokewagon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27195 times
    I certainly do not have a desire to kill anyone, but I have less desire for someone to kill me. my intention is NOT to kill but to incapacitate.
    I practice regualrly, i shoot triple taps, I shoot for 2 COM, one head, so if its in the cards they die or survive its luck of the draw.
    and i use what I consider to be the most reliable devastating projectile that i can find in my Determination for that caliber--Period.
    Smokewagon likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Well now, that's where we differ. I wanna kill 'em DEAD and fast as possible to keep them from harming me or mine. Now, so long as they stop attacking me, we're good, but I'd as soon press home the point by killing 'em so they can no longer shoot. If you aren't willing to kill someone, perhaps pepper spray is a better alternative.
    Obviously you never killed anyone in your homeland, if going to war yes "Kill them" It is such a long process when you kill someone in the USA, it could go on as long as 5yrs before the case is closed and along with all the stress even if you're 100% in the right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Me too?

Member #
    Liked
    3520 times
    I run the Remington 9mm 124gr Ultimate Defense loads. They are the old Golden Saber projectiles, however, they have 2 different versions: Compact and Full-size Handgun. The Compact is designed for maximum performance and low muzzle flash from barrels less than 3.5" long. The full-size is for barrels over 3.5". My wife has the Compact loads in her Sig P238, and said they are not near as "snappy" as the ful-power loads we practice with. I can definitely tell the difference in my Shield if I switch between the two. I haven't tried the Compact version in any of my full-size guns yet, however, people tell me that it resembles a reduced recoil load.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    27195 times
    In redneck ballistic test conducted here the Golden Sabre does very good in my longer barreled 380, the XTP seems to do better in the shorter barreld one , and the all copper hollow points like "Goldilocks" seem to feel the best in both.
    I would note all are worthy of carry in my opinion.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Go to lucky Gunner or Gel Test and see how different ammo expands in ballistic gelitan. As stated earlier some 9MM bullets do not expand at all from short barrel.

Member #
    Liked
    25167 times
    I have the Winchester 147 gr Defense Rounds in my SAR G6c. They function well.

I also have some Fiocchi 124 grain hp rounds that work well.

Well, everything works well that I have tried in my SAR except the Winchester Forged in Steel Rounds. It ate the Tula Steel Cased like candy though.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    1201 times
    I've been happy with the Hornady Critical defense in my .380. .45 and 9mm. Started buying the Rem. Ultimate Defense 147 gr but haven't had the chance to shoot any of them in my 9mm.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links