WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE: WINCHESTER® Super-X 17 HMR 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow pt
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By silverstring
  • 1 Post By Qwiks draw
  • 3 Post By olfarhors
  • 2 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By RonPT24/7
  • 3 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By RonPT24/7
  • 2 Post By olfarhors

Thread: WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE: WINCHESTER® Super-X 17 HMR 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow pt

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11120 times

WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE: WINCHESTER® Super-X 17 HMR 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow pt

Olin Winchester, LLC is recalling two (2) lots of 17 HMR 20 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Rimfire rifle ammunition.
    Winchester has determined the above lots of 17 HMR ammunition may contain no powder charges. Ammunition with no powder charges may result in a bullet remaining in the barrel (i.e., a bullet-in-bore obstruction). Firing a subsequent bullet into the bore obstruction could cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury.

DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® 17 HMR 20 GRAIN JHP SYMBOL X17HMR1 THAT HAS A LOT NUMBER ENDING IN NB51 or NB61. The ammunition Lot Number is stamped on the top of the 1000-round case and the outside of the 50-round plastic box as indicated here.
    Name:  17recall1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  64.5 KBName:  17 recall2.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  70.7 KB

To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol and Lot Number. If it is Symbol X17HMR1 and the last four characters of the Lot Number are NB51 or NB61, immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 844-653-8358 for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.

This notice applies only to Symbol X17HMR1 with Lot Numbers ending in NB51 and NB61. Other Symbols or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.

If you have any questions concerning this 17 HMR rimfire rifle ammunition recall, please call toll-free 844-653-8358, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 | Attn: X17HMR1 Recall), or visit our website at www.winchester.com.
    darbo likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    8526 times

Winchester Super-X 17HMR ammunition recall

http://sendy.theoutdoorwire.com/l/cQ...x2iCYqE763k3kw
    \
    Winchester ammo recall for Super-X 17HMR ammo. Details are in the link. There are 2 lots of ammo in this recall.

Member #
    Liked
    7556 times
    Wow , wonder how that happens ? I don’t have any to worry about but wouldn’t mind having a rifle in 17 HMR !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    Wow , wonder how that happens ? I don’t have any to worry about but wouldn’t mind having a rifle in 17 HMR !
    yep ,they kinda sorta almost a bunch of fun to shoot!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    http://sendy.theoutdoorwire.com/l/cQ...x2iCYqE763k3kw
    \
    Winchester ammo recall for Super-X 17HMR ammo. Details are in the link. There are 2 lots of ammo in this recall.

WELL now isn't that special!
    so not only is the Winny Bulk 22LR ammo under powered but now even the 17 HMR is?
    all I use in Federal and Hornady so no problem for me, But thanks for the info!
    777Driver and silverstring like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    7556 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    yep ,they kinda sorta almost a bunch of fun to shoot!

HEY !! That’s mighty fine shooting and a good looking rifle ! Which rifle and scope is that ?

Member #
    Liked
    26880 times
    HEY !! That’s mighty fine shooting and a good looking rifle ! Which rifle and scope is that ?
    Savage 93R17 like btsp or sumfen, it means its got a thumb hole stock, laminated, stainless steel, bull barrel, Etc to many abbreviations but it does shoot really sweet.
    the Scope is a BSA I think (BSA Sweet 17 scope) with a bullet drop compensator with 4 different drums.
    as you can see the drum for a 17 grain bullet was perfect.
    I tried it with a 20 grain bullet and it was dead on with the right drum but only shot it out to 100 yards.
    the gun has that wonderful Savage accu-trigger and came from the factory set at just under 2 pounds, but its safe with the accu=trigger (think glock safety trigger), as long as there is no or little wind it shoots great, cross winds blow that li projectile all over the place.
    to heavy for me to carry around walking through the woods looking for a squirrels but its great on a bag and over looking an area.

Member #
    Liked
    7556 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Savage 93R17 like btsp or sumfen, it means its got a thumb hole stock, laminated, stainless steel, bull barrel, Etc to many abbreviations but it does shoot really sweet.
    the Scope is a BSA I think (BSA Sweet 17 scope) with a bullet drop compensator with 4 different drums.
    as you can see the drum for a 17 grain bullet was perfect.
    I tried it with a 20 grain bullet and it was dead on with the right drum but only shot it out to 100 yards.
    the gun has that wonderful Savage accu-trigger and came from the factory set at just under 2 pounds, but its safe with the accu=trigger (think glock safety trigger), as long as there is no or little wind it shoots great, cross winds blow that li projectile all over the place.
    to heavy for me to carry around walking through the woods looking for a squirrels but its great on a bag and over looking an area.
    Is that a wood stock also ?

Member #
    Liked
    26880 times
    Is that a wood stock also ?
    Laminated wood.
    RonPT24/7 and silverstring like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links