Is brass ammo really that superior ?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Is brass ammo really that superior ??

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Most posts responding to this thread have already cited the reason why brass is better than other case materials, so I won't be redundant here. That said, I don't personally know any handloaders who have ever even tried to reload any type of case other than brass, and for the most part, every steel-cased ammunition I've ever seen has been marked "non-reloadable," but judging from this thread, apparently some people have tried or think it can be done. One thing is for certain: billions of steel-cased rounds have been shot through many millions of rifles, so for at least one firing (the first one), steel-cased ammo is proven to work! Russian and Chinese military forces can attest to that.
    Robert

Coatesville, PA USA (Suburban Philadelphia)

NRA Patriot "Patron" Life Member

Amateur Radio Call Sign: KB3ZIM

Major Italian Car and Italian Firearm Fan!

Member #
    Liked
    28605 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    When the Old Fire Horse gets talking about his 1911's in 38 Super my pulse quickens...I am pretty sure I wouldn't want a 9mm in that platform, but 38 Super or 10mm could be a desire. Of course either one requires new dies/turret and of course...once fired brass to stuff.

ahh, Nice to know that my mission is almost complete!
    this Brazilian and these two Phillipinoes walk into this bar and and one says----------
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    33006 times
    Does Rock Island Armory have anything to do with my new adopted home town of Rock Island, Texas? I drove around all three blocks of the town and cannot find a sign or a factory other than the Post Office sign and "Iglesia Baptista".
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    What is the difference between the RIA pistol and the Citadel? I have been told the Citadel of a "loaded" RIA, but I know little about them.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    Being somewhat of a traditionalist, I much prefer brass to steel. Obviously, steel will work. I also understand that you can make wine from artichokes, but I much prefer grapes. Being raised in a somewhat damp climate, I tend to shun ammo that rusts, so I always choose brass.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    28605 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    What is the difference between the RIA pistol and the Citadel? I have been told the Citadel of a "loaded" RIA, but I know little about them.
    well to get to the bottom line kind of!
    The Citadel is manufactured by Armscor (Same company that manufactures the RIA) but then its jobbed out for assembly ( rumor has it to Howa) and finished off.
    additionally RIA only offers a GI model in the 38 Super 1911 and the lil bitty sights and standard GI pattern parts don't really work well for me.
    so yep you could say its kind of a loaded RIA 1911.
    The citadel has better sights and actually more like a RIA upper grade say like maybe the ultra or so.
    the finish on the Citadel is superior to the RIA in my particular case.
    money wise about a wash, so close no need to talk about it.
    thats really why I don't own a 38 Super RIA cause I like the brand and have 2-3 of them in 1911.
    the trigger was also very nice out of the box on the Citadel, actually I can't think of a single thing that I have done to the Citadel.
    shes a sweet shooter in the 38 S.
    and to keep on subject all ammo shot was brass or Nickled cased!!--LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Sawfish likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    Thanks for your learned response.
    olfarhors likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links