Bulk Ammunition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bulk Ammunition

Member #
    Liked
    150 times

Bulk Ammunition

For those of you who buy bulk ammunition, where do you buy (websites/box stores) and what brands do you buy ? Do you shop around looking for the lowest price per round or do you stick with a merchant because you have a history with the merchant.

I shoot the three major calibers (9MM, .40 cal, and .45 ACP). I do have .38/.357 and 380 but do not shoot enough of those calibers to be concerned with that bulk ammunition.

I know...I know...many reload, and that's great. I have no desire to start reloading as my shop is set-up for mechanical jobs and golf clubs.

Just curious to hear what you guys do.
    kruizer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4993 times
    In the past, when I bought a firearm I didn't already have ammo for I'd just buy 4 cases of reloadable ammo for it. Except for 7.62x39, 7.62x54 and 9x18 which I don't bother reloading. My UPS guy used to hate me.
    I no longer shoot as much as I used to so it looks like if/when I die in the next 10 years my brother will inherit a U-Haul truck loak of guns and ammo.
    In thinking about this, I guess I need to get back into guns from my current interests in cannons, mortars and flare launchers.
    muddcatt54 and Old_Sp5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3566 times
    Watch Ammoseek.com for deals. You can filter caliber bullet weight ...
    Live what you say you believe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19322 times
    As mentioned Ammoseek is a good search site. Sometimes when I buy factory ammo I just go to SGAmmo.com. Their prices are generally pretty good their customer service is good.

Member #
    Liked
    534 times
    Ammoseek is good although you can still Bing it if you feel nasty.

I also like Freedom Munitions and their "Reman" ammo. It's essentially reloaded ammo with once-fired brass but run on the same machines they use for new manufacture. I've never had a problem with it and the calibers I reload (.45 ACP mostly) doesn't care if it was already fired once. I also like Georgia Arms "canned heat" which is also reman in bulk.
    If you want the money out of politics take the power out of government.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32604 times
    LuckyGunner. They run specials once in awhile where there is free shipping. Usually a good deal. Shipping costs are almost always a deal breaker for me. Buying locally and paying sales tax is cheaper.
    Old_Sp5, jwc007 and TheOldRedneck like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46310 times
    When I need to buy factory ammo I try just shop around using as many resources as I can and find the best deal including shipping. Generally speaking I am not picky unless it is .22lr, I stick to one brand that works well for me. Watch for those free shipping deals and take advantage of them to do your restocking.
    Old_Sp5 and PreacherRodgers like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    I use Freedom Munitions for my bulk target loads, I always buy their reman instead of new because it saves on average .4 cents a round and the only difference is it's once used brass but it's still loaded the exact same as the new. For S.D. or hunting ammo I use SG Ammo usually the best prices and they have everything, with a very quick order to delivery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ICUKev, Old_Sp5 and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4311 times
    Bought bulk for years. Friend owns a reloading supply/reloading company. Bought in case lots from him, traded with two other reloading companies before we became friends. Don't shoot much now but still buy case lots in some things.
    Old_Sp5 likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19411 times
    I have thus far bought all ammo locally or used some of my dad’s reloads.

I found one of those drab green steel cases of 7.62X39 (steel penetrator) 750 round count at WalMart about 4 years ago. This was back when BATFE was pondering taking the steel penetrating AR ammo off the market. In any event that case remains sealed.

Most of my FMJ stuff I buy at WalMart. But WalMart also carries the relatively newer Federal 130 gr jacketed wadcutter for 38 + P.

I also buy my hunting ammo from WalMart - for my 30.06 anyway. I use Remington CoreLokt 180 grain.

Have never - YET - bought ammo from an online source.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links