Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Best ammo to use in G2c

Just got a new G2C for birthday,whats best ammo to shoot.Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2358 times
    I shoot a lot of S&B, and Gecco....but I usually order online by the case- usually much cheaper!
    If you buy your ammo at say Walmart?.....Federal is always a very good choice....and its pretty cheap right now. Then, Remington, Speer, Magtec (not Maxxtec), PPU, PMC, Blazer are all decent.

Edit: For defense ammo- Speer Gold Dot is always a winner, and Hornady Critical Defense is very good.
    Last edited by brojohn; 12-19-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13181 times
    Buy a box of everything you can find. Some will work and some will not. Those that work, keep shooting them. Those that don't work, put on a shelf for later. After 500 rounds of those that do work, revisit those that don't. You will find that now others also work. At 1000 rounds revisit the ones that didn't work at 500 rounds. Anything not working at 1000 rounds, don't buy again.

Even your buddy that bought the same gun you did, at the same time, will be shooting ammo that won't work, YET, in your gun.
    Last edited by william; 12-22-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling matters

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    Whatever goes boom, not click.

Member #
    Liked
    1793 times
    I shoot whatever is cheap and goes boom at the range. For SD I carry Gold speer, Horandy Critical Defense, and Winchester Ranger T's. I've been wanting to try out the Liberty Defense ammo, just haven't bought any yet.
    Taurus, FN, IWI, FMK, Mauser, Savage, Ruger, Mossberg, NAA, Walther, Canik

Member #
    Liked
    25828 times
    Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Buy a box of everything you can find. Some will work and some will not. Those that work, keep shooting them. Those that don't work, put on a shelf for later. After 500 rounds of those that do work, revisit those that don't. You will find that now others also work. At 1000 rounds revisit the ones that didn't work at 500 rounds. Anything not working at 1000 rounds, don't buy again.

Even your buddy that bought the same gun you did, at the same time, will be shooting ammo that won't work, YET, in your gun.
    EXACTLY!!!
    and as for self defense ammo its even MORE important that the primary reason for the choice of brand is that IT MUST WORK everytime in YOUR WEAPON!
    don't get caught up by which Blimp that you saw with a manufactures name on it to decide what self defense ammo to buy, as long as its a modern design and functions in your weapon then its good.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    The Winchester forged is aweful in mine, but has done well with Remington umc 115gr

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Mine has shot everything I have tried.

Member #
    Liked
    3329 times
    I've run through a lot of different types, except for steel case. My range doesn't permit steel cases, and it's not the cheapest choice around here, so there's never been a reason for me to use it.

The only kind of ammo that has caused any problem has been, oddly, Winchester white boxed ammo. For some reason, I get about 2% hard primers (about one round out of a fifty-round box).

For training, I shoot a mix of about 90% Federal brass case and 10% Winchester (T)rain. For defense, I load Winchester (D)efend. The Winchester (T)rain and (D)efend are both optimized for short barrels (quick-burning powder), which means they burn cleaner and build up velocity quicker in short barrels. The (D)efend round performs excellently in tests and 100% in my guns. The (T)rain round is designed to feel and aim exactly like the (D)efend round in practice.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Sponsored Links