Oops...maybe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oops...maybe

Member #
    Liked
    6191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    If the cans aren't rusted or bulging I'd use them for sure.
    ^ This. As long as they are not leaking and/or bulging they should be OK. Bulging cans indicate Clostridium botulinum AKA botulism. You'd probably rather have the Wuhan virus rather than botulism.
    It is a neural toxin and within hours after ingestion can lead to:

• Nausea, vomiting and abdominal cramps, noted primarily in food borne botulism
    • Fever sometimes noted in wound botulism
    • Difficulty swallowing or speaking
    • Dry mouth
    • Weakness on both sides of the face
    • Blurred or double vision with drooping eyelids
    • Shortness of breath or trouble in breathing
    • Paralysis and Death
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    36603 times
    Everybody is ignoring the mouse in the room... taste.

Food safety has been discussed, but the taste of old canned food does go off. Personally, I don't eat stuff out of date. I used to, but I'm old enough and I've worked hard enough that I think I deserve food that tastes at least good.
    If you do eat it slowly, as you plan, you're talking a dollar or two a week. I'd rather eat well.
    If you want to hold on to them for a while more in case we get into a survival situation... that's a different story. If it's a matter of staying alive, you can eat most anything.
    Except another TA member, of course.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post

Food safety has been discussed, but the taste of old canned food does go off. Personally, I don't eat stuff out of date. I used to, but I'm old enough and I've worked hard enough that I think I deserve food that tastes at least good.
    If you do eat it slowly, as you plan, you're talking a dollar or two a week. I'd rather eat well.
    If you want to hold on to them for a while more in case we get into a survival situation... that's a different story. If it's a matter of staying alive, you can eat most anything.
    Damn that pledge.
    william and Peacemakr40 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2809 times
    If it doesn't pass the whiff and smell test I don't eat it. Ever
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post

As far as taste goes, I'll open it up smell it and taste it, if I think it has diminished flavor I will pitch it. I like good tasting food and that is why I like cooking.
    chefduane likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    Good containers, no swelling then open and do the smell test.
    If all is good then use.
    Shut up and reload!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links