• 3 Post By Kevin Keith
  • 3 Post By RonPT24/7
  • 2 Post By cyrus7

Thread: Quick and Easy Supper . . . . "Chili in a Flash"

Member #
    Liked
    1551 times

Quick and Easy Supper . . . . "Chili in a Flash"

"Chili in a Flash" - - twenty minutes or less from the pantry to the table.

Mrs. Flash and I were late getting home this evening and we both said to the other at the same time: "Well, it's too late to cook a real dinner and I'm getting tired of 'burgers & fries'. What are we going to do?" I said, "Just stand back and watch this!"

It all happened in a Revereware 4-qt pan.

1 tbsp corn oil
    1-1/2 lb 80% ground beef - cook it on medium-high, till it begins to brown, then add (stirring all the while)
    2 10-oz cans Original Rotele
    1 40-oz can Hanover Redskin kidney beans,
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp ground comino
    1 skimpy tsp McCormick chili powder

Bring it all to a boil, and stir in 3 tbsp (more or less, to suit your desired thickening) masa harina (finely ground yellow corn flour, for you Yankees)

Serve topped with finely chopped onion and shredded (Fiesta Blend) 4-cheese, with Calida yellow and white tortilla chips on the side

Homemade lemonade to sip with it all.

No, it's not the Original Purgatory Gap Chili, but it is good and it is quick
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46563 times
    What....more than 16 hours since the OP and no comments about beans in chili. Sounds good to me.
    Flash60601, Kevin Keith and darbo like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    1551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    What....more than 16 hours since the OP and no comments about beans in chili. Sounds good to me.

Maybe they forgave the beans because it was loaded with Ro*Tel (the universal Texan condiment). But it was quick and easy.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Well, I was going to say chili is chili and beans are beans and never the twain shall meet, but I changed my mind. I didn't want to be "that guy." I'm too new! lol

It sounds good Flash!

Member #
    Liked
    7592 times
    Ok i'll speak , quit reading when I got to beans...............

Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    What....more than 16 hours since the OP and no comments about beans in chili.
    Chili is chili.
    Chili with beans is chili with beans.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links