• 2 Post By Czechbikr
  • 1 Post By Flash60601

Thread: Keto Pancakes When Avoiding Carbs

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times

Keto Pancakes When Avoiding Carbs

I had this for breakfast this morning. I did a half recipe and added a scant 1/2 tsp of baking powder to give it some loft (yes..just one pancake..big) and toasted some pecan chips to sprinkle on halfway through cooking. Didn't have a fresk lemon for the zest this time so gave it a splash of Real Lemon. Spicy pork sausage patties on the side and a splash of lo cal syrup...pretty good.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...ncakes-recipe/
    bobbojama and Flash60601 like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2213 times
    K3eto-Schmeto, I don't even know what the phrase means - - - - but that DOES sound good, and if I can put butter and peanut butter on top of it, I'll probably eat it all.

I gather you have been put on a diet of some sort, and you really don't relish starvation, so this might be your "next-best-thing"?
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    K3eto-Schmeto, I don't even know what the phrase means - - - - but that DOES sound good, and if I can put butter and peanut butter on top of it, I'll probably eat it all.

I gather you have been put on a diet of some sort, and you really don't relish starvation, so this might be your "next-best-thing"?
    The best thing about shunning carbs is the elimination of the "snack response" when the carb load hits the minimum levels and my body screams for tortilla chips. I ran across this stuff when I began researching insulin resistance.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2213 times
    Kinda roundabout, but when enjoying our visit with the insurance co's Nurse Practitioner, the subject of weight, carbs, and keto diet came up. Mrs. Flash delegated to me the research and recipe stuff. She ("She Who Must Be Obeyed") reserved the commitment to begin this journey has made the administrative decision in the affirmative already.

Anyway, this sounds like a nice recipe, especially for its name.

Flying Jacob Casserole

Ingredients
    • 1 rotisserie chicken
    • 2 tbsp butter
    • 8 oz. diced bacon
    • 9 oz. mushrooms
    • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
    • ½ cup mild chili sauce
    • 1 tsp curry powder
    • salt and pepper
    • 1 banana
    • 2½ oz. salted peanuts

Salad
    • 6 oz. baby spinach
    • 2 tomatoes

Instructions
    1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
    2. Cut the mushrooms into smaller pieces, and fry in butter with the bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
    3. Debone the chicken, and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
    4. Place the pieces in a greased baking dish with bacon and mushrooms. Peel and slice the banana, and add to the bacon mixture.
    5. Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add chili sauce, curry, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread over the chicken.
    6. Bake in the oven for 20—25 minutes until the dish has turned a nice color. Sprinkle a handful of chopped peanuts on top and serve together with a salad.

Note: This is not my recipe, I found it on www,dietdoctor.com while researching "keto diet".
    Czechbikr likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Sponsored Links