Cast Iron - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Cast Iron

Member #
    Liked
    4750 times
    Back in the late 80's, the wife and I went to a elderly couples farm auction and bought 2 Griswold and a Wagner Ware CI skillets. I paid about $12 for them and a few folk scoffed at me because they still had cooked food in them.

Member #
    Liked
    10735 times
    Well, thanks to you guys, I just bought a Victoria 12" skillet.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    866 times
    I donated blood the other day and was given $20 in Walmart gift cards. Went there and bought a Lodge 12" skillet that was just over $20 with tax. It still has the pebbled pre-seasoned surface but it was not really rough or jagged like some I have seen. Got it home, removed the label, washed it and gave it one more coat of seasoning just using the stovetop (way too hot to use the oven in South Carolina this time of year). Cooked in it 4 times already and no sticking at all. I have a few smaller skillets that I sanded smooth and re-seasoned and this new Lodge pan seems even more non-stick than the sanded ones. It took me a long time to get the sanded ones seasoned to my liking and the Lodge is already to that point in just a few cooking sessions. No more sanding for me.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10735 times
    Thanks to the YouTube video by castironcommunity.com I now know how to spot a vintage cast iron pan, so I guess I will keep an eye out for them now. I had no idea that one of the best vintage iron pan makers, BSR, was in Birmingham, so close and I have never heard about them.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links