Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Help! Info reqd

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46307 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Wife and I are looking for some peppers that have the taste of chillis, but not the heat. A little heat is ok, but looking to add more flavor without the heat.
    Thanks!
    Try Anahiem peppers. Very mild and decent flavor, about 8 times milder than the Jalapeno. I grew them a couple of years ago, think I'll grow some more this year. I think they have better flavor when ripened to a red color.
    rodfair and Flash60601 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Try Anahiem peppers. Very mild and decent flavor, about 8 times milder than the Jalapeno. I grew them a couple of years ago, think I'll grow some more this year. I think they have better flavor when ripened to a red color.
    Definitely on the Anaheim. Good stuff, though a bit on the mild side for my taste. I got two little plants from the Amish greenhouse up the valley, and my garden was blessed with full, rich red peppers, right up to frost.

Flash
    rodfair and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27043 times
    I think we have settled on Pablano's without the seeds. She is happy, I am happyish.
    Thanks for all the input though.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21597 times
    Check some youtube videos, there used to be one that I saw that rated all the different chilis and peppers by flavor and heat levels.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    Upon further research, I found that in North America it is spelled "Chili" but "Chile" is also acceptable, in Great Britain the correct spelling is "Chilli. It seems everyone was right!!!!
    Not acceptable to me either way. I only use black, white or cayenne.

Member #
    Liked
    4927 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Check some youtube videos, there used to be one that I saw that rated all the different chilis and peppers by flavor and heat levels.
    The Scoville Scale rates the pungency (heat) of various peppers and measures them in Scoville Units.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links