Air Fryer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Air Fryer

Member #
    Liked
    4800 times
    A chicken 4-6 lbs. is typically 12-14 weeks old and is called a 'roaster' (not rooster). If it was a hen it may have been a little older. Both males and females are used as roasters, but as they age the hens are then used as laying hens for eggs. Males typically get fattened up and used for capons. But I'm just the end user of the chicken, maybe a qualified poultyman might have more insight.

BTW: I make a killer rosemary garlic roasted chicken. Separate the skin from the flesh on the breast side and where the leg connects and shove some rosemary in there and some mashed garlic cloves. Rub the outside skin with some garlic, then a little room temp butter and salt & pepper it. Remember to S&P the cavity. I usually roast mine on a tube base roaster (like 'beer can chicken'). In the tube place a few more garlic cloves and rosemary sticks and fill about 1/2 with a nice chardonnay or a sauv blanc. No need to truss it - I like crispy wings and legs, but do it if you want. Make sure the neck flap is somewhat covered. As the wine comes up to temp it imparts flavor to the flesh. Roast @ 350F till internal temp measures about 165F at the thickest part of the breast. Take it off the roaster and let it set for 15 to 20 mins to let the protiens relax. Make a pan sauce with the drippings if you like. Do an 8 piece carve and enjoy.

PS: Don't tell anybody about this recipe as it is one of my specialties and I don't want it floating out there in the interweb ether.
    Last edited by chefduane; 10-17-2018 at 01:07 AM.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    2713 times
    Come to DFarm next spring. We will be butchering some Cornish crosses and if I wait to long the last 10 or so will be around 6 1/2 #...
    chefduane likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    2713 times
    chefduane.. I can raise a 6 pound organic chicken in 8 weeks. 3 1/2 to 4 pounds in six weeks. We don't mess around on DFarm....
    mingaa, Czechbikr and chefduane like this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    Usually do mine on the charcoal grill but I've been wanting to try an air fryer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Taurus PT99 AF. Stainless
    Ruger 22 45
    Sig Sauer P938 emperor scorpion

You can't change the mind of someone who refuses to use it....... Me

If we rely on the government for our prosperity there will be no prosperity at all

Member #
    Liked
    47496 times
    My son got one for Christmas, last year. He'd be lost without it. He uses his every single day.
    Fish, what make is your air fryer. I saw a good deal on one of the home shopping channels while channel surfing. I went back to the channel and it was gone. I shouldn't have hesitated.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    1772 times
    I’ve never had fried air...
    ozzy likes this.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    ~ Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    41617 times
    You haven't been to the right county fair...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctordeere View Post
    I’ve never had fried air...
    chefduane, ozzy and JimmyA like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    My son got one for Christmas, last year. He'd be lost without it. He uses his every single day.
    Fish, what make is your air fryer. I saw a good deal on one of the home shopping channels while channel surfing. I went back to the channel and it was gone. I shouldn't have hesitated.
    Power Air Fryer Elite 5.5-qt 6-in-1 Digital Air Fryer - it came with a cake pan and a basket separator. It was the QVC deal of the day a couple of weeks ago. Someone saw it advertised amd let me know about it and I ordered one right away.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    3865 times
    We've been satisfied with most everything from QVC. Saw the air fryer but didn't get it - now wish we had!
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47496 times
    Thanks, Fish!
    I just ordered one. If you're interested, Gogglefu one and it'll be the second one listed. Amazon is first, but like 137.00
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    We the People...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links