CDC slammed for warning that cloth masks don't offer protection from wildfires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: CDC slammed for warning that cloth masks don't offer protection from wildfires

Member #
    Liked
    26021 times

CDC slammed for warning that cloth masks don't offer protection from wildfires

Smoke particles are larger than Covid-19 virus so....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...wildfire-smoke
    DeltaBravoKS and JimmyA like this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Go figure
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5075 times
    Do we really need to go over this again?
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    Do we really need to go over this again?
    Over what?

The CDC just told us that cloth masks were ineffective against particles of smoke because they are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask.

Covid-19 particles are even smaller than smoke particles.

So, if it can't stop smoke, it can't stop a virus.

Did you have anything to add?

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    25916 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Over what?

The CDC just told us that cloth masks were ineffective against particles of smoke because they are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask.

Covid-19 particles are even smaller than smoke particles.

So, if it can't stop smoke, it can't stop a virus.

Did you have anything to add?

You just had to ask that didn't you......................
    There are only two options as I see it.
    Either I'm right, or there is a sinister
    conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    They say it is not effective to protect against smoke but, the director told Congress today that masks are more effective than a vaccine!
    If that’s the case, why the push to get a vaccine? It makes no sense.

Member #
    Liked
    6068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    They say it is not effective to protect against smoke but, the director told Congress today that masks are more effective than a vaccine!
    If that’s the case, why the push to get a vaccine? It makes no sense.
    And I just got issued a box from work that says right on it that it isn't effective against Covid19....
    So I guess the road we are going down again is showing that Zen isn't gonna convince us as he is wrong.
    Medical masks are supposed to be single short term use. Not hung off the rearview mirror or carried in a pocket and reused for several days.
    Cloth masks are like constantly wearing on your face the snotty handkerchief your grandfather carried in his pocket on your face!
    If any of you actually know anything about the design of respirators you would realize how little these two options can do to protect you.
    Respirators for chemicals and dust are designed with specific materials to absorb and filter to a specified micron rating. They also require fit testing and you cannot have facial hair as it prevents a proper seal.
    But all that doesn't matter as the mask that grandma made before Cuomo or Wolf sent her to the nursing home to die will save your life!
    ehss.vt.edu/programs/BIO_resp.php
    kerk and JimmyA like this.

Member #
    Liked
    956 times
    Smoke NO....COVID Yes! LMFAO Straight from the CDC site: "Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

Although N95 respirators do provide protection from wildfire smoke, they might be in short supply as frontline healthcare workers use them during the pandemic."
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    Smoke NO....COVID Yes! LMFAO Straight from the CDC site: "Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

Although N95 respirators do provide protection from wildfire smoke, they might be in short supply as frontline healthcare workers use them during the pandemic."
    So the CDC is basically saying the same thing that they've been saying all along, that simple face coverings aren't designed to protect YOU from GETTING covid, they are to decrease the chance of YOU giving it to SOMEONE ELSE. But wait, I can't possibly give it to someone else, I don't have a fever and am not sick. That is the insidious thing about this particular disease, and it's been well known in the US for many months, but it's a tough concept for people to get their heads around.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    So the CDC is basically saying the same thing that they've been saying all along, that simple face coverings aren't designed to protect YOU from GETTING covid, they are to decrease the chance of YOU giving it to SOMEONE ELSE. But wait, I can't possibly give it to someone else, I don't have a fever and am not sick. That is the insidious thing about this particular disease, and it's been well known in the US for many months, but it's a tough concept for people to get their heads around.
    So if I'm understanding this, the mask will stop me from spreading the virus but won't stop me from getting the virus? So it'll stop particles from getting out but not from getting in. Still makes no sense to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links