Ohio goes beyond FDA guidance and bans Doctors from prescribing hydroxiquine for covi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ohio goes beyond FDA guidance and bans Doctors from prescribing hydroxiquine for covi

Member #
    Liked
    4099 times

Ohio goes beyond FDA guidance and bans Doctors from prescribing hydroxiquine for covi

This despite the fact that there are Doctors who have successfully treating the symptoms of covid-19 and without significant side effects. A Doctor in Ohio can legally do almost any kind of treatment for other diseases but not this treatment and not for covid, despite the fact that the FDA still allows Doctors nationally to prescribe it for covid if the patient desires it. So basically no choice in wanting to try something that might save your life.

https://www.whio.com/home/coronaviru...G2LGTHXHMPRXI/

Member #
    Liked
    9695 times
    I just can not understand why they would do that ? A Dr should be able to prescribe whatever they think will work best for the patient !
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    July 1, 2020 the FDA prohibited all Emergency use Authorization (EUA) in the USA

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3662 times
    Welcome to socialized medicine. Isn't it wonderful?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    8149 times
    Makes a lot of sense to ban a drug that could harm someone from being used to treat a disease that could kill them. And it was the state pharmacy board banning its use, not the legislature or governor.

Anyway, updated article says the state pharmacy board has reversed its position and will not ban hydroxychloroquine at this time.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    Makes a lot of sense to ban a drug that could harm someone from being used to treat a disease that could kill them. And it was the state pharmacy board banning its use, not the legislature or governor.

Anyway, updated article says the state pharmacy board has reversed its position and will not ban hydroxychloroquine at this time.
    But with the FDA "guidance" I posted above, should an MD decide to treat a Covid patient with it and the patient dies, the malpractice lawsuit has significant ammo to implicate the Doc in the patient's death.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1859 times
    LOL, my GP was not born yesterday. I would not only have Chinese flu but a case of malaria fever and fatigue to go with it.
    CaptainMorgan, jtg452 and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7994 times
    Need more covid deaths to support their position.
    CaptainMorgan and muddcatt54 like this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    34843 times
    This is what comes from the lunacy of politicizing a public health issue.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    4099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    But with the FDA "guidance" I posted above, should an MD decide to treat a Covid patient with it and the patient dies, the malpractice lawsuit has significant ammo to implicate the Doc in the patient's death.
    That's what informed written consent is for. I know a Doc who treats patients with this drug combo and the forms you have to sign to get the treatment have been everything spelled out and approved by the hospitals lawyers. Also the patient is monitored during the course of treatment, not merely given a script and sent home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links