West Texas Conservatives ready to revolt on lock downs and wearing masks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: West Texas Conservatives ready to revolt on lock downs and wearing masks.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    3312
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    31,494
    Liked
    24511 times

    West Texas Conservatives ready to revolt on lock downs and wearing masks.

    I think if we had just had mask wearing and hand washing instead of the various lock downs and the improper detailing of what were essential businesses or work, we would have been ahead of the game mentally.

    I reluctantly went to a family 4th of July get together yesterday, knew I would be the only person to wear a mask if I took one, and would be scorned for doing so. 10 is supposed to be the limit of any gathering, and I'm sure we pushed 40+. My wife is wanting to know what revolutionary group she can join.....other than the skin heads, Arayan Brotherhood or KKK. She actually shot several 9mm handguns yesterday, I think she is looking for an excuse to shoot someone, I'm just making sure not to give her any excuse to shoot me. Her Taurus 85, no longer holds an adequate number of rounds and reloads too slowly.

    She also took interest in Tannerite, as one grandson loaded up an old chest type freezer with 10 pounds of it, and touched it off with a 6.5 Creedmore.

    At least most were able to social distance fairly well, and I was glad when the fireworks finally ran out.

    Returning to Lubbock about 11:30, I was amazed how many large star burst shells and mortar tube were being set off inside the city limits, particularly central Lubbock. In the past, the Lubbock PD would have swarmed to arrest or ticket people setting off the amount of fireworks in the city. I can't help but wonder if our Mayor or Police Chief gave an order to stand down. It sounded like a war zone until about 1:30 and I kept wondering just how much some of my not distant neighbors spent on large fireworks.

    There has been a lot of push back since Abbot announced mandatory face masks a few days ago when in public. They don't bother me as I just wear the light surgical masks when I mow the yard or use a leaf blower. These meet the criteria, and I slip one on anytime I go into a store. People seem to be on one side or the other on the mask, belligerent to people who don't wear them, or belligerent to those who do. I'm kind of stuck in the middle.

    I just know that conservatives have had about all of this Bull Hockey they want, and the left side of the fence best stay away.
    "Color Me Proudly Deplorable!"

    "We the Government, By the Government, For the Government!"

    The Tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to time with the blood of socialists and tyrants, it's time to fertilize the tree....Jake

    Dead Squirrels flag no tails! Jake

    "Be Patriotic, Buy A Gun!" Jake



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    28855
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    18,233
    Liked
    36110 times
    Yeah, Odie (wolf) supposedly made masks mandatory "outside of your home" here but everyone's ignoring 'im.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.


  3. #3
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,395
    Liked
    4197 times
    True, many people are on different sides of the mask issue, but the CDC sure seems to be on the side AGAINST wearing masks. They seem to think they are ineffective in preventing the spread of the virus.

    https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/masks.htm

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    58033
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gatesville, Texas
    Posts
    1,738
    Liked
    899 times
    I’m a rancher in Central Texas and willingly wear a mask to avoid getting this virus when in the public anywhere.

    HEB
    Feed Store
    Walmart
    Picking up food somewhere
    Etc.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    22084
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    13,662
    Liked
    20124 times
    When you set off 10 pounds of Tannerite tucked into an old chest freezer, that's not called Social Distancing...That's called survival!!!!

    LOL, Sounds like you had a great time with family and friends. Carry on with mask on my friend.
    Jake3501 and Gopher like this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    43551
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    942
    Liked
    1032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    True, many people are on different sides of the mask issue, but the CDC sure seems to be on the side AGAINST wearing masks. They seem to think they are ineffective in preventing the spread of the virus.

    https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/masks.htm
    I don’t see where it’s NOT effective. I see where it’s “generally not recommended” and voluntary basis if you can’t distance. Taken directly from website.....

    “In community and home settings, the use of facemasks and respirators generally are not recommended. However, for certain circumstances as described in Table 1, a facemask or respirator may be considered, specifically for persons at increased risk of severe illness from influenza.

    Use of N95 respirators or facemasks generally is not recommended for workers in non-healthcare occupational settings for general work activities. For specific work activities that involve contact with people who have ILI, such as escorting a person with ILI, interviewing a person with ILI, providing assistance to an individual with ILI, the following are recommended:

    workers should try to maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from the person with ILI;
    workers should keep their interactions with ill persons as brief as possible;
    the ill person should be asked to follow good cough etiquette and hand hygiene and to wear a facemask, if able, and one is available;
    workers at increased risk of severe illness from influenza infection (see footnote 3 of table 1) should avoid people with ILI (possibly by temporary reassignment); and,
    where workers cannot avoid close contact with persons with ILI, some workers may choose to wear a facemask or N95 respirator on a voluntary basis.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jake3501 likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    43551
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    942
    Liked
    1032 times
    Now the above being said. It’s rumored that with covid 19 the virus is about half of the size of the minimum filtrataion of the N95. So yes. For Covid it’s probably ineffective.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DeltaBravoKS and Gopher like this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    75373
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    253
    Liked
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    True, many people are on different sides of the mask issue, but the CDC sure seems to be on the side AGAINST wearing masks. They seem to think they are ineffective in preventing the spread of the virus.

    https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/masks.htm

    The above is for a different virus. This is the CDC page for Covid-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...revention.html

    And it certainly does not oppose wearing masks.
    glenwolde and Jake3501 like this.

  10. #9
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,395
    Liked
    4197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner3 View Post
    I don’t see where it’s NOT effective. I see where it’s “generally not recommended” and voluntary basis if you can’t distance. Taken directly from website.....

    “In community and home settings, the use of facemasks and respirators generally are not recommended. However, for certain circumstances as described in Table 1, a facemask or respirator may be considered, specifically for persons at increased risk of severe illness from influenza.

    Use of N95 respirators or facemasks generally is not recommended for workers in non-healthcare occupational settings for general work activities. For specific work activities that involve contact with people who have ILI, such as escorting a person with ILI, interviewing a person with ILI, providing assistance to an individual with ILI, the following are recommended:

    workers should try to maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from the person with ILI;
    workers should keep their interactions with ill persons as brief as possible;
    the ill person should be asked to follow good cough etiquette and hand hygiene and to wear a facemask, if able, and one is available;
    workers at increased risk of severe illness from influenza infection (see footnote 3 of table 1) should avoid people with ILI (possibly by temporary reassignment); and,
    where workers cannot avoid close contact with persons with ILI, some workers may choose to wear a facemask or N95 respirator on a voluntary basis.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, they don't use the word "ineffective". To quote from the article:

    Facemasks help stop droplets from being spread by the person wearing them. They also keep splashes or sprays from reaching the mouth and nose of the person wearing the facemask. They are not designed to protect against breathing in very small particle aerosols that may contain viruses.


    Sounds to me as though they are not designed to protect against small particles that may contain viruses. I suppose they could be effective even though they aren't designed as such, but since they don't recommend wearing them, it seems they must feel they are ineffective (again, my word).

    It does say their effectiveness cannot be determined (to me that means not effective--if you can't determine something is effective, it is either ineffective or there is no data). They then go on to say the traditional suggestions including wash hands, cover when coughing, and stay home if you're sick. None of those traditional suggestions included wearing a mask.

  11. #10
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,395
    Liked
    4197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
    The above is for a different virus. This is the CDC page for Covid-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...revention.html

    And it certainly does not oppose wearing masks.
    Yes, it was for a different virus. It amazes me that so many on the left believe we should take the recommendation of a CDC controlled by an insane President, over the recommendation of a CDC that was controlled by one of the most brilliant men to ever hold office. What could have changed?

    Interesting, too, they are still suggesting "commoners" shouldn't wear N95 respirators (the mask they do claim is effective against the spread of SARS).

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •