"Mask exempt" cards don't carry any legal weight
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: "Mask exempt" cards don't carry any legal weight

Member #
    Liked
    4021 times

"Mask exempt" cards don't carry any legal weight

Not that it matters in my state, masks aren't generally required anyway unless you're an employee (so far) The governor however has not ruled out a mandatory face mask order for everyone. He also hasn't said how he'd enforce it if he does try that. The state can threaten businesses through licensing rules. He could probably get away with making a mandatory customer mask order because then the business would have to enforce it in order to stay open. Making everyone wear masks outside a business however and enforcing that would be "interesting." This area of the state isn't Red China or Singapore.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/b...DVCQZWOBNFC3U/

Member #
    Liked
    24814 times
    Face diapers are voluntary here.
    Some business tell you to wear them when in their store.
    I don't go in their store.
    Problem solved.
    jack454, TexasAviator and pegasus like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18015 times
    Not going to worry about anyone refusing to wear a mask, but the gov recently made the appeal for everyone to wear one, and the local county leaders made it mandatory for employees of businesses that had close customer interaction, restaurants and retail, etc. My youngest son contracted covid and spread it to his wife. Some of his friends have also tested positive. It's not known if he spread it to them or he got it from them, but one of his coworkers had it and his company tested everyone. He got sick the day before the test results came out. He and several others tested positive. So far my 8yo granddaughter shows no signs, but they are all wearing mask and latex gloves at home.

By the way, the nurse across the street from us told us that controlling fever was the key to whether your case is mild or requiring hospitalization. She recommended rotating tylenol, aspirin, and advil to keep your fever in check. So far my son and his wife have been able to successfully keep their fevers relatively low, but both have developed coughs. After about 10 days it's been comparable to a bad case of flu.
    pegasus likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3319 times
    Ohio businesses are allowed to refuse entry if you are without a mask. Menards and some doctor's offices have signs as such as well as our local hospital.

I have to wear one around the machine shop and in the office unless I'm at my desk.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    Reminds me of those CCW badges you see. And those mail-order certificates for comfort animals. You may run into someone gullible enough to believe it's legit but likely not.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    2661 times
    Governors cannot make laws. They need to be slapped down, hard.
    Ickthus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3085 times
    I strongly believe that a person who does not wear a mask in a public place today has a death wish. They are also being inconsiderate of their fellow citizens health.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    3869 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Not that it matters in my state, masks aren't generally required anyway unless you're an employee (so far) The governor however has not ruled out a mandatory face mask order for everyone. He also hasn't said how he'd enforce it if he does try that. The state can threaten businesses through licensing rules. He could probably get away with making a mandatory customer mask order because then the business would have to enforce it in order to stay open. Making everyone wear masks outside a business however and enforcing that would be "interesting." This area of the state isn't Red China or Singapore.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/b...DVCQZWOBNFC3U/
    I will soon be re-opening my portrait studio in my home. I'm in my late 60s and my wife has additional comorbidities. We can't afford to catch this thing. So I will be wearing a mask and requiring masks of everyone who enters my home (I'll have masks to offer them if they don't come with them. Of course, the people having their portraits taken will remove their masks for the actual pictures.
    Nick1946, pegasus and brojohn like this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    I do believe these people do not know what they are talking about. The COVID-19 virus is .6 microns and you would need a mask that filters to .5 micron. I have used 10 micron masks for work and they are very hard to breath thru.
    Telling folks any face covering or just any mask will do is not correct.
    Bruntson likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    I wear one for the few minutes I'm in the store or whatever. No skin off my nose I guess. I don't think anyone likes wearing them. I keep hearing people say that masks are not a political topic, but it sure feels like it.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links