Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Sleepy ole Joe gives the Wuhan virus more credit than its due

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23986 times

Sleepy ole Joe gives the Wuhan virus more credit than its due

Today, Joe came out of hiding from his basement and made his first gaffe outside of his basement in a while; McCauliffe might want to hide the key to the basement.

darbo, Ironmagz and 777Driver like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    1289 times
    That is what the lame stream media and the WHO claim, I think they may have an agenda.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    2058 times
    NOBODY claims 120 MILLION dead of COVID. Not the WHO or the media or anyone else.
    They claim 120 THOUSAND in the USA.
    Sleepy Joe is just confused - again. Mixing up his thousands and millions.
    Like so many people, he probably doesn't even have a clear perspective on what a million is, much less a billion, or a trillion.
    CaptainMorgan and Desperado like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Don't all Zero's matter?

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    No worse than trump declaring--less testing=less covid-19 cases.
    I,too, love my country and my guns, yet despise Donald J. Trump.

Member #
    Liked
    1004 times
    Maybe he was referring to the 120,000,000 people at trump’s inauguration.
    Nick1946 likes this.

It is possible to love my country and my guns but despise Donald Trump.

Member #
    Liked
    35628 times
    That's the thing with this whole Covid 19 thing. Facts don't really matter and either the pro coronavirus people don't really care about people as they claim or they haven't thought their actions through.

The fact is the vast majority of us have nothing to fear from this thing. And yet look at the economic, emotional, health, as well as personal damage the pro coronavirus crowd has done.

I have said from the beginning this is about, amongst other things, pseudo altruism not true altruism. If these people actually cared about everyone as they claim they wouldn't call for government force to be used since by its very nature government force harms people. Both the left and right do it in general practice, they like to pick winners and loosers. If these people were truly altruistic they would wear their masks and social distance while encouraging others to follow suit, but also respect that not everyone agrees. If they took that approach I would be more inclined to actually wear a mask. As a rule I generally do not. I avoid businesses and counties that require them as best I can.

Take Texas Gov Abbott (For the record I did not vote for him), he just shut bars again, reduced restaurant capacity and limited elective surgeries in some counties. Shutting or reducing capacity in those businesses puts those people out of work. With limited to no funds buying food is an issue, paying the mortgage/rent, so is seeking medical treatment, not to mention the emotional and other costs. In addition, just because a surgery is "elective" does not mean it is not necessary for quality of life. It's not just nose jobs and face lifts we are talking about. (Even then its still a quality of life thing for those people). Many "elective" surgeries help people live better, walk better, be in less lain etc.

If people really care, they let others do as they believe best.
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 06-26-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    4994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    That's the thing with this whole Covid 19 thing. Facts don't really matter and either the pro coronavirus people don't really care about people as they claim or they haven't thought their actions through.

The fact is the vast majority of us have nothing to fear from this thing. And yet look at the economic, emotional, health, as well as personal damage the pro coronavirus crowd has done.

I have said from the beginning this is about, amongst other things, pseudo altruism not true altruism. If these people actually cared about everyone as they claim they wouldn't call for government force to be used since by its very nature government force harms people. Both the left and right do it in general practice, they like to pick winners and loosers. If these people were truly altruistic they would wear their masks and social distance while encouraging others to follow suit, but also respect that not everyone agrees. If they took that approach I would be more inclined to actually wear a mask. As a rule I generally do not. I avoid businesses and counties that require them as best I can.

Take Texas Gov Abbott (For the record I did not vote for him), he just shut bars again, reduced restaurant capacity and limited elective surgeries in some counties. Shutting or reducing capacity in those businesses puts those people out of work. With limited to no funds buying food is an issue, paying the mortgage/rent, so is seeking medical treatment, not to mention the emotional and other costs. In addition, just because a surgery is "elective" does not mean it is not necessary for quality of life. It's not just nose jobs and face lifts we are talking about. (Even then its still a quality of life thing for those people). Many "elective" surgeries help people live better, walk better, be in less lain etc.

If people really care, they let others do as they believe best.
    If that's the case why even bother having laws on the books? Just let them do as they believe best. I think your wishful thinking and my knowledge of history and reality just don't mesh up here. We have a whole lot of rules and laws because we have proven, as a society from top to bottom, from corporation to company to organization to individual, we just can't be trusted to do what's right far too often and far too often to the detriment, harm, and even death, of others. Have you ever stopped and wondered why we (the US) lead the world in cases, deaths, and mismanagement in regards to this virus? All the countries that have managed to even remotely get this virus under control have done so with the overwhelming support of their populace cooperating with mask usage, or not giving them the option and mandating their use. That and a great deal of social distancing. Now I will admit, we should have never gone about closures the way we did, that being too late, too many, and too unorganized. That was a real bad decision. But there's a flip side to that coin, and that's not doing enough, and that's just as bad and that seems to be where we are right now. The areas that are currently showing the worse clusters of infected and hospitalizations are areas that people are allowed to do as they believe best. And while it might be best for them individually (shortsightedly), it's not best for the general public and society.

Right now we are just spinning our wheels in the mud, and that's the way this is going to continue until we have actual firm and beneficial policies in place and for an extended period of time. Anything less is Lord of the Flies time, and our prominent American exceptionalism is going to be leading the world in cases and deaths continuously until it gets to a point where not even the people with their heads buried in the sand will be able to deny it. They'll shift to blaming, and probably the wrong people at that (no surprise), but they won't be able to comfort themselves in denial any longer. I figure that will be around the quarter million dead mark, and I figure that will be somewhere around election time leading up to winter. More closures, more jobs lost, more trillions down the drain, more playing kick the can with the virus in hopes of a miracle cure, more lies, spin, and damage control. More of the same... And all because some people can't be bothered to be inconvenienced during a pandemic.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7075024/m...R4-ey96JuebtQA

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-us...rge/a-53950191
    Nick1946 likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    35628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    If that's the case why even bother having laws on the books? Just let them do as they believe best. I think your wishful thinking and my knowledge of history and reality just don't mesh up here. We have a whole lot of rules and laws because we have proven, as a society from top to bottom, from corporation to company to organization to individual, we just can't be trusted to do what's right far too often and far too often to the detriment, harm, and even death, of others. Have you ever stopped and wondered why we (the US) lead the world in cases, deaths, and mismanagement in regards to this virus? All the countries that have managed to even remotely get this virus under control have done so with the overwhelming support of their populace cooperating with mask usage, or not giving them the option and mandating their use. That and a great deal of social distancing. Now I will admit, we should have never gone about closures the way we did, that being too late, too many, and too unorganized. That was a real bad decision. But there's a flip side to that coin, and that's not doing enough, and that's just as bad and that seems to be where we are right now. The areas that are currently showing the worse clusters of infected and hospitalizations are areas that people are allowed to do as they believe best. And while it might be best for them individually (shortsightedly), it's not best for the general public and society.

Right now we are just spinning our wheels in the mud, and that's the way this is going to continue until we have actual firm and beneficial policies in place and for an extended period of time. Anything less is Lord of the Flies time, and our prominent American exceptionalism is going to be leading the world in cases and deaths continuously until it gets to a point where not even the people with their heads buried in the sand will be able to deny it. They'll shift to blaming, and probably the wrong people at that (no surprise), but they won't be able to comfort themselves in denial any longer. I figure that will be around the quarter million dead mark, and I figure that will be somewhere around election time leading up to winter. More closures, more jobs lost, more trillions down the drain, more playing kick the can with the virus in hopes of a miracle cure, more lies, spin, and damage control. More of the same... And all because some people can't be bothered to be inconvenienced during a pandemic.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7075024/m...R4-ey96JuebtQA

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-us...rge/a-53950191
    We lead the world in deaths because we have alot of people and our media is freer to report numbers than in some other places with large populations.

But I think you miss the point of what I was saying. This is nothing to worry about for the vast majority. If you use only confirmed cases, statistically as a Texan I have only a .17% chance of dieing from this thing. If you take the CDC's statement that for every confirmed case in the country there are 10 undiagnosed that number shifts to .017%.

My point is this is not a dangerous virus that warrants any of this. Let people decide on their own what to do.
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 06-26-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    In reply to ZenApe; "Have you ever stopped and wondered why we (the US) lead the world in cases, deaths, and mismanagement in regards to this virus?"

When comparing countries to other countries, there is a need to break down the numbers per capita. There is a need to take into account region and size and population density differences too.

Some famous person used to have a qoute on statistics and lies. How did that go?

Not all countries (or even states) keep records with the same diligence, transparency, and like parameters. Note the differences in counting primary causes of death versus co-morbidities and secondary or non contributing causes of death.

In regards to admittance to hospitals, whether asymptomatic and or merely having antibodies versus testing positive with actual symptoms and how it's counted separately or lumped together matters. Hospital bed counts with actual breakdowns with primary treatment for covid versus actual admittance for something else would be a statistic that should be pertinent. Same with ICU beds and percentage of primary care and or ventilator use because of covid and cyto-storm versus other causes.

Politics from all sides shade the statistics to bolster their ideology or debate point for the greed of money and POWER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links