I've got the COVID-19 anti-body. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I've got the COVID-19 anti-body.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    I hope that anybody that gets the virus, can over come it with out any ill effects.
    Here here.

That's the million dollar question, for not only the short term effects of the illness, but the long term too.

Initially I wanted to catch it "to get it over with". That was until I talked with a buddy of mine who works in a medical lab at a university.
    He made a compelling point that we just don't know enough yet about the virus.
    We're not sure yet if there's any lasting damage to the body, or if there's a later disease (like Chicken Pox -> Shingles) that could flare up in the future. Will likely be years until we know this.
    Just because it appears right now that the symptoms are much like the flu for most people, doesn't necessarily mean it's as benign as the flu in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    You can get it more than once just like any flu or cold so...
    That's been refuted, the study that had suggested that, it turns out there was errors in their COVID testing.
    And now that we've had some time to study this virus, they've compared the full genome sequence of tens of thousands of samples, from "older" samples from December, with "newer" samples and it's been staying the same, unlike what flu does.

This is an encouraging sign because that gives us hope that the vaccines they're working on now, will have a better chance of being effective once they're ready to go. With the flu, because it changes so quickly and often, the flu vaccine is a bit of a calculated crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    Going by the symptoms, my wife and I had covid back in December.
    Remember, this first hit during flu season and has similar symptoms to the flu.
    Until one is tested for antibodies, don't assume that you are now "safe" just because you were sick.

I'm not particularly scared for myself, I think I most likely would be fine.
    However I am scared for my Mom who lives with us, is in her 70's, COPD, and is on oxygen on a good day. She is right in the high risk wheelhouse and I'm terrified I'm going to bring it home.

Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited by NTTD; 06-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I was tested for the ANTIBODIES.....results came back yet the doctor hasn't released them to me yet. Anticipation is killing me. I guess they are really busy and I should get them call next week. They had to take a vial of blood and send it to the Mayo Clinic for testing.

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    I have a test set up for this Monday morning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5841 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    You can get it more than once just like any flu or cold so...
    Thanks for the nice wishes everyone, so far, so good. Actually went last week and got the test for an active infection. Awaiting results.

Theory on catching it more than once is questionable.

People were leaving the hospital, recovered, and going home. If anything, allergies, cold, flu, bad food, got them feeling bad while home the first thing they did was go back to the hospital. First thing hospital did, of course, was test them for an active COVID-19 infection which would come back positive.

There is a growing consensus that it takes up to three months to get ALL the DNA fragments of the virus out of your body after your anti-bodies destroyed them. Thus, you get a false positive on the active infection test up to three months after getting over it..
    NTTD and pegasus like this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47646 times
    How long does the antibody stay in your system? DO they even know? I keep hearing mixed information.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    How long does the antibody stay in your system? DO they even know? I keep hearing mixed information.
    If mine comes back positive on Tuesday I can give a good guess when I had it.

Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Mine came back NEGATIVE. Seems I may be over it but I have read that the body has "MEMORY" of the virus and if I am exposed I may never get the symptoms again. WEIRD.....memory. Either way....I am not a risk person and have NO TIME for sickness or COVID. I am worried about others though. I am also hearing the antibodies can stay up to 3 months.....I am over that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links