• 2 Post By DeltaBravoKS
  • 2 Post By Pony
  • 1 Post By pegasus

Thread: Everyones back to work

Member #
    Liked
    1901 times

Everyones back to work

Looks like everyone is back to work now. I know I'm getting calls from Mr. Scam Likely a few times a day now this week.
    I was hoping Mr. Likely would not go back to work at all.
    I know some people that never stopped working or going about their daily business. I think we all have been worked over by Mr Scam Likely without any phone calls at all.
    About the only thing not working at all around me is the MiLB.
    Only a few places still have limited access or curb side pick up only here on the coast.
    Less than half the people I see are using masks. I'm not going inside many places at all and if I do its N95 and side shield industrial safety glasses. But I get out and do curbside pick up.
    What are you seeing?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4206 times
    My car warranty is still expiring, and my credit card rates need to be lower.

The strangest one I get is about once a month someone is speaking Chinese. Someday I need to replay the recording in to a translator and find out what they are selling. Probably my car warranty is expiring and my credit card rates are too high.

As far as masks are concerned, I'm guessing around 40-50% of the people in the supermarket are wearing them. None of the homeless people hanging around downtown Wichita have them. Maybe 5% of the people at work wear them, but usually only when they get up from their desks and walk around.
    TrucksNCoffee and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    12480 times
    Well its nice to know the mr. and ms. scammers also have you on speed dial. I get two calls daily, about 2-3 texts a day, and almost constant Spif emails trying to get me to click saying my paypal, amazon, and netflix accounts need a credit card update. So the scammers have been fully employed during the Covid shut downs. Now to how things look in rural NW Arkansas. It seems that folks are going back to normal the last few weeks, very few in masks or gloves (except me). But the Covid cases continue to explode here.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Our lockdown started not long after I started chemo. At the time, my trips to the cancer center took about 20 minutes. After the lockdown was imposed, that went down to about 10. It’s amazing how much more effective 65mph is when there’re no other cars in your way. It only took about a week before that started to wear off. A couple weeks after that, it was almost like nothing had changed. The standard for a necessary outing in Ohio was pretty mild.

It wasn’t till they eased the lockdown that masks actually became mandatory, and that was for shop employees. Customers were left to their own decisions, though a lot of people chose to wear them out of either conscience or paranoia.

The cancer center started their entry inquisition kind of early. One person comes in at a time, everyone else waits out side till told to advance. They take your temperature with an infrared device. “Have you been out of the country in the past two weeks? Have you been around anyone who has? Have you been tested positive for covid19, have you been around anyone who has?” and a bunch of others. And of course, being a cancer center, they handed out masks.

June 3rd I was admitted to another cancer center for surgery. My wife was allowed to be there the day of the surgery, and the day after, to see that I was okay. She wasn’t allowed back till two weeks later, when they called her and told her I was being discharged. It was awful. I absolutely adore my wife, and not seeing her for two weeks about killed me. I can’t imaging what people in nursing homes and convalescence centers have been going through.

Just before my surgery, and the rioting, my wife had me put up two of those ring video doorbells to make sure we’d know if anyone tried sneaking up on us. That first night we could hear the riots from our front porch. (We spent that night with guns handy)Now she uses them to make sure I don’t leave the house. The one on the back door is aimed right at the garage and if I leave, she’ll know. But should I leave, I’m supposed to wear a mask for post-op infection protection. I’ve got six more weeks of this.
    Last edited by Pony; 06-18-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    DeltaBravoKS and pegasus like this.
    I don’t know what my spirit animal might be, but I’m pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Pony get well fast and stay well. Wife has you number for trying to escape!
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    4109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    My car warranty is still expiring, and my credit card rates need to be lower.

The strangest one I get is about once a month someone is speaking Chinese. Someday I need to replay the recording in to a translator and find out what they are selling. Probably my car warranty is expiring and my credit card rates are too high.

As far as masks are concerned, I'm guessing around 40-50% of the people in the supermarket are wearing them. None of the homeless people hanging around downtown Wichita have them. Maybe 5% of the people at work wear them, but usually only when they get up from their desks and walk around.
    It's been a while since I got a scam call in all Chinese but someone that actually understood the voicemail said to me the caller was claiming to be from Immigration services and knew that I was in the US illegally. If I did not call a number and give them money I would be arrested and deported. :rolle:
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7117 times
    Went to a Whatabuger today in Bay city TX. first whatabuger with sit down dinning that I have seen so far. It was busy.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think that returning to work will help us find our way again. We always have to pay bills

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32775 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Went to a Whatabuger today in Bay city TX. first whatabuger with sit down dinning that I have seen so far. It was busy.

The Whataburger in Columbus has been opened up for sit down dinning for quite a while.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Sponsored Links