If you want food.. just put your hazzard lights on.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: If you want food.. just put your hazzard lights on..

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Gulls are worse than cats when it comes to food
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I could tell you a story that my dad used to tell about when he was a kid on the lake(s) in Minnesota. It involved a piece of sandwich bread, a firecracker, and a seagull. You get the picture. Not a pretty sight, or story.
    Sounds similar to something we did as kids. Though that entailed stale bread, water and carbide crystals.. wet bread with water, add carbide crystals, throw to gulls... BOOM..!! OK, I was 10, what did I know about conservation..? Everyone hated gulls and wanted rid of them.. I thought I was doing my bit.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3912 times
    Hmmm. I'm wondering why you'd have trouble with birds when you have a shotgun handy?

There are some small trees on my regular jogging path. The last few years there has been a Western Meadowlark (the Kansas state bird) that swoops at me as I run by. I can only assume it is a momma and it has a nest up there with youngins. By looking at the shadows of me and the bird, it looks like it gets within a foot of my head. I'm sure I look like some kind of escapee as I run along the sidewalk thrashing my arms in the air!

Maybe I should run with a shotgun...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Hmmm. I'm wondering why you'd have trouble with birds when you have a shotgun handy?

There are some small trees on my regular jogging path. The last few years there has been a Western Meadowlark (the Kansas state bird) that swoops at me as I run by. I can only assume it is a momma and it has a nest up there with youngins. By looking at the shadows of me and the bird, it looks like it gets within a foot of my head. I'm sure I look like some kind of escapee as I run along the sidewalk thrashing my arms in the air!

Maybe I should run with a shotgun...
    Nah, no shotgun needed, just wear a bird proof hat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post

Hmmm. I'm wondering why you'd have trouble with birds when you have a shotgun handy? …
    Ha, nice thought. Try whacking birds with a shotgun anywhere other than an accepted game shoot, or on a farm carrying out pest control and you'll be looking at prison food for a couple or three years. I kid you not. Get this.. if shoot an air rifle or BB gun in my garden and the BB or pellet strays over our fence I have committed an offence. If I travel to my gun range with a loaded magazine in my bag (not in the pistol / rifle) I have committed an offence. This even applies to PCP air rifles which have magazines.

Welcome to GB, the home of arcane and unbelievable firearms laws.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    8393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Ha, nice thought. Try whacking birds with a shotgun anywhere other than an accepted game shoot, or on a farm carrying out pest control and you'll be looking at prison food for a couple or three years. I kid you not. Get this.. if shoot an air rifle or BB gun in my garden and the BB or pellet strays over our fence I have committed an offence. If I travel to my gun range with a loaded magazine in my bag (not in the pistol / rifle) I have committed an offence. This even applies to PCP air rifles which have magazines.

Welcome to GB, the home of arcane and unbelievable firearms laws.
    Like I keep sayin', there's a house down the road for sale.

This is Alabama where concealed carry permits cost an average of $20 a year- $15 a year if you're over 65.

Rarely snows and when it does, we handle it sensibly. We stay home for a day or two until it melts.
    GhostHorse and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    22812 times
    Buncha amateurs on here. I had to be maybe 8 or 9 and went with a friend about 1.5-2 miles away to our fishin spot. well, there were some fish we could eat like bluegills, the occasional rock bass and if you were really lucky, a brook trout. This time around i had a few decent sized bluegills, my friend had a rock bass and the day turned and we were catching chubs. well, we were young and incredibly stupid (to be described shortly) and if we got a chub, we would reel it in with about 3-4 feet of line out, let the fish dangle at the end then jerk the pole up as fast as we could. Well that would put the unwanted fish in low earth orbit if we timed it right. Think like a vertical catapult. The gulls would follow them and some even snagged them during their trajectory. On one consequent launch, the hook and line came down and managed to pierce my friend's ear. He screamed for a minute or so . well, that kinda ended out fishing trip so we started walking home. Notice, I didn't mention removing the hook or even cutting the string. So we're walking down the streets in suburbia with about 3 feet of fishing line AND a fishing pole being held by me. He would say something about me being a jerk or something and I'd lightly tug on the pole. He'd then scream like when it initially happened. We repeated the commentary, jerking and screaming for all 1.5-2 miles. We got back to his house and there was his mom wondering what in the world she was looking at. First thing she did was laughed, then cut the string and told me to get my mom or dad. I did and my dad came over. She told him what she saw and they both about collapsed laughing. Dad pushed the hook through and Jesse's ear was cleaned and bandaged. They talked about that for years.
    GhostHorse and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    23340 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Sounds similar to something we did as kids. Though that entailed stale bread, water and carbide crystals.. wet bread with water, add carbide crystals, throw to gulls... BOOM..!! OK, I was 10, what did I know about conservation..? Everyone hated gulls and wanted rid of them.. I thought I was doing my bit.
    We had a modified version of this that involved bullfrogs and M80's thrown into the air. It was pretty disgusting.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47651 times
    Someone I may know used to go to the airshow in Cleveland, OH as a youth and feed the seagulls from Lake Erie Ex Lax. Just make sure you could hide under cover.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    34673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    Now that would have been a sight had they succeeded... Coyotes hopped up on Red Bull!
    Might help them catch the roadrunners.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links