36,000 More Lives Could Have Been Saved! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 36,000 More Lives Could Have Been Saved!

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Member #
    47784
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    640
    Liked
    673 times
    So how many would have been saved had the Red Chinese and WHO told the truth?

    Data also says nursing homes took a big hit but the media darling gets off scott free for forcing nursing homes to take confirmed COVID19 seniors.

    Then we have this: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...or-four-years/

    Could that be right?
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

    ...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Member #
    79075
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    4 times
    That settles it. Let's all vote for Honest Joe Biden. That little guy would have save 36,000,00 lives!!!

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Member #
    41194
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    5 times
    With perfect 20/20 hindsight if we had simply quarantined everyone at high risk and let everyone else just go about their business we would have had many more infected but less than half as many dead. And by now enough would have had the virus and gotten over it that we would have effective herd immunity.
    Always possible to second guess what were the best decisions given available information at the time said decisions had to be made.
    Not to mention that the left pushed back on just about every one of Trump's initiatives at the time he directed they be implemented. Called him a fear mongering racist amongst other things.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Member #
    35468
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    56 times
    Coulda? IFF and only IFF the data they used is correct. And that is suspect. Trash news.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Member #
    50809
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,227
    Liked
    7993 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lbauer View Post
    With perfect 20/20 hindsight if we had simply quarantined everyone at high risk and let everyone else just go about their business we would have had many more infected but less than half as many dead. And by now enough would have had the virus and gotten over it that we would have effective herd immunity.
    Always possible to second guess what were the best decisions given available information at the time said decisions had to be made.
    Not to mention that the left pushed back on just about every one of Trump's initiatives at the time he directed they be implemented. Called him a fear mongering racist amongst other things.
    The 'just quarantine everyone at high risk' cliche gets tossed around a lot, but it ignores a LOT of realities in the U.S. today:

    - Approximately 29% of all U.S. workers are obese (risk factor)

    - Almost 8% of all U.S. workers have asthma (risk factor)

    - About 7% of Americans 20-65 have conditions that put them at risk for pneumonia (risk factor)

    - Approximately 8% of all U.S. workers are over 65 (risk factor)

    - Nearly 17% of all self-employed business owners are over 65 (risk factor)

    True, there will be some overlap, so it's not a simple total. But 'just quarantine the at-risk population' would take a sizable chunk out of the U.S. workforce, including a significant portion of highly-skilled labor and management types.
    Zen Ape and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

    "The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

    We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Member #
    44678
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Lexington. KY
    Posts
    1,888
    Liked
    2661 times
    Didn't they report that we should have had 2.2 million corona deaths by now?
    Rickenbacher39 likes this.

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Member #
    50953
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    At My Computer
    Posts
    16,470
    Liked
    24770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Didn't they report that we should have had 2.2 million corona deaths by now?
    Actually the news media won't stop until they can convince us we are all dead.
    I've seen people wearing masks in their cars and riding alone on bicycles so it may not be much longer.
    How can you ride a bike with a mask on?
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.






  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Member #
    5811
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Liked
    4822 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Didn't they report that we should have had 2.2 million corona deaths by now?
    Well we're over 100,000 now, even Trump has acknowledged that number https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...00762057953284 So had we done absolutely nothing to address the virus, gone on with life as normal with no social distancing, no masks, no closures, we could have easily swamped hospitals in most parts of the country and been unable to care for many of the sick that required hospitalizations and ventilators. Would the death toll have gone to two million? Who knows. It would have certainly been more by a number of times over what our current number is. And we're still a long way from the end of the year when the final ticker to this pandemic in this country for this year anyway runs out, so who knows how many will ultimately die in this cursed year of 2020. I certainly can't see us hitting that number, but it could very well go over two hundred thousand.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    "My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    Member #
    5811
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Liked
    4822 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Actually the news media won't stop until they can convince us we are all dead.
    I've seen people wearing masks in their cars and riding alone on bicycles so it may not be much longer.
    How can you ride a bike with a mask on?
    I've driven in my car with my mask on. Not because I'm scared of coming in contact with the virus in my car, but because I'm in between stops and don't want to fiddle with something around my face. But if I'm on my way home from my last stop, it's coming right off. As my wife mentioned to me the other day, now you know the joy us ladies feel when we can finally take our bras off.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    "My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

  11. #40
    Senior Member
    Member #
    50953
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    At My Computer
    Posts
    16,470
    Liked
    24770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    I've driven in my car with my mask on. Not because I'm scared of coming in contact with the virus in my car, but because I'm in between stops and don't want to fiddle with something around my face. But if I'm on my way home from my last stop, it's coming right off. As my wife mentioned to me the other day, now you know the joy us ladies feel when we can finally take our bras off.
    I have a really weird image in my mind right now.
    Thanks a bunch.............
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.






 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •