Trust No One
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Trust No One

Member #
    Liked
    874 times

Trust No One

I'm still on the fence about how best to deal with this.
    Open too soon possibility is to kill a lot of people.
    Open too late possibility is to kill the nations economy.
    What value do we put on human life?
    Is there a number for acceptable losses.
    Chances are there will be no vaccine or cure for Covid anytime soon, they have never come up with one for the common Cold. Note the virus is also mutating that poses a big problem for a vaccine or cure.
    So this is a problem that will be with us for years to come from the looks of it.
    So much of this is just focused politics and covering peoples asses the important parts of the message gets lost.
    Personally I believe we were poorly prepared with needed stockpiles of medicines, materials, and equipment. Worry about who to blame later, fix the problem 1st. When you have to have automotive manufactures making your medical supplies your pretty far behind the power curve to start with in recovery. You can bet a ventilator will cost more than a Corvette.
    The administration says they'll order meat packing plants to remain open, how does that work out with 58% of the workers out sick?
    jonrjen, 777Driver, Sekol and 2 others like this.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Spectrum .380 & G2c 9mm
    Colt Cobra .38 2nd Generation
    S&W 66-4 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"
    Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/mag 3.5"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27265 times
    RedHorse, I wish I had an answer for you, I don't!
    Sadly, pols on both sides of the aisle are turning this into a very costly game of "Gotcha"! The only losers will be us.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Member #
    Liked
    19930 times
    Trust your GUT!! Just because the commerce side of the world is opening up again, doesn't mean that you have to venture out to partake. Our politicians seen to be divided into two brackets, one being lets open things back up and start supporting the economy in getting some traction towards recovery. The other side of the political line wants to keep passing out checks, increasing the debt load of the government by Trillions of Dollars. And why not do so, we can always print more...right? Kind of brings to mind the old adage of "not worth the paper it's printed on".

Anyway, back to handing out money by the trillions. These are the same folks that don't want to open the government too early and preaches to stay home hand shuttered in place. Kind of a double crossed sword isn't it, preaching out of both sides of the political mouth if you will. We are going to hand out "Free Money" to spend, and then tell people not to go out in public to spend it. Yes, you could say that its purpose it to pay housing rent and mortgages, cover utilities, and put food on the table. At one point they were talking up to a limit of $6,000 per family. Many of these families just got an income boost of double the income or better and have on incentive now to get back to work. And why should they, it pays too well staying at home.

Makes me wonder, If this wasn't an election year would the democratic party be so willing and ready to hand out this money. I'm not saying that it borders on buying votes in November, but it sure borders on something.

I'm sorry, I am pretty sure that I just got off track here somewhere along the line, please forgive me for doing so.

Back to the subject, yes, don't trust anyone but yourself, and he who your prayers are directed too.

We will get through this, hopefully much smarter, wiser, and aware.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2463 times
    I trust the Lord, and myself.
    And I only trust myself about 60% of the time.
    Politicians, TV preachers, bankers, etc... I'd rather trust a hamburger offered by Jeffrey Dahmer.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Member #
    Liked
    4639 times
    The problem really isn't the fact that we can't stay locked up away from this. The bottom line is we can't. The problem is that because we need to start getting back out there, reopening businesses, there are things we are going to need to do collectively in order to do so as safely as possible, and far too many people just aren't willing to do that for a number of reasons. Largely either A) any inconvenience to me is an infringement upon my rights and freedoms you commie bastards, or B) Covid-19 is no worse than the flu and we've never done this for the flu, so we shouldn't be doing it now. Those are the people that are going to be the real stumbling blocks to getting back to anything that even remotely resembles normal. We've got people all over the full spectrum of what to believe and how to react to this, and because of a real lack of leadership and collective response measures, differences of approach are being played out all over the country. Sometimes to the extreme detriment of the economy, sometimes to the extreme detriment of human health. It's no surprise really when you step back and look at how this has effected our country in comparisons to others, we rank among the lowest of getting this under control, and we rank the highest in cases and deaths, as well as negative economic impact. Our handling of this has been nothing short of abysmal.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32407 times
    The economy should have never been "shut down" in the first place. And the governors don't have the constitutional powers to do such a thing, but to hell with the constitution, they don't believe in it. Flu comes and flu goes. Do we shut everything down every time the flu hits us?

If you don't wanna go to work, I'm sure someone will take your job.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    4639 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    The economy should have never been "shut down" in the first place. And the governors don't have the constitutional powers to do such a thing, but to hell with the constitution, they don't believe in it. Flu comes and flu goes. Do we shut everything down every time the flu hits us?

If you don't wanna go to work, I'm sure someone will take your job.
    Case in point...
    coopercdrkey and BangBang like this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    Case in point...
    I understand what you're saying, I really do, but like you said before, we have to re-open businesses and get people back to work. Mortgages need to be paid, bills paid, food put on tables, we can't just sit around waiting on stimulus checks and unemployment checks to show up.

Pelosi's Stimulus II (I think she called it the 'hero bill') predicates everything on people staying at home ad infinitum. That's just not possible. When a bill like hers shows up at the doorstep of the Senate, what are they supposed to do but declare it DOA? This thing is truly politicized though, lines have been drawn, and the governors who have used heavy handed tactics have made it virtually impossible for anybody to trust those politicians.
    Sekol and CaptainMorgan like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Trust your GUT!! Just because the commerce side of the world is opening up again, doesn't mean that you have to venture out to partake. Our politicians seen to be divided into two brackets, one being lets open things back up and start supporting the economy in getting some traction towards recovery. The other side of the political line wants to keep passing out checks, increasing the debt load of the government by Trillions of Dollars. And why not do so, we can always print more...right? Kind of brings to mind the old adage of "not worth the paper it's printed on".

Anyway, back to handing out money by the trillions. These are the same folks that don't want to open the government too early and preaches to stay home hand shuttered in place. Kind of a double crossed sword isn't it, preaching out of both sides of the political mouth if you will. We are going to hand out "Free Money" to spend, and then tell people not to go out in public to spend it. Yes, you could say that its purpose it to pay housing rent and mortgages, cover utilities, and put food on the table. At one point they were talking up to a limit of $6,000 per family. Many of these families just got an income boost of double the income or better and have on incentive now to get back to work. And why should they, it pays too well staying at home.

Makes me wonder, If this wasn't an election year would the democratic party be so willing and ready to hand out this money. I'm not saying that it borders on buying votes in November, but it sure borders on something.

I'm sorry, I am pretty sure that I just got off track here somewhere along the line, please forgive me for doing so.

Back to the subject, yes, don't trust anyone but yourself, and he who your prayers are directed too.

We will get through this, hopefully much smarter, wiser, and aware.
    See, in my county, "getting out" means you can go to a restaurant or perhaps Walmart, which was already open. Oh, there's TSC maybe, but not a lot else to do. We have some little businesses like Potter's Western Wear and such. I only go to those places when I'm looking for something they sell and it ain't that often. Gun shops were never shut down. In Texas, guns are ESSENTIAL!!!!!
    Sekol and jonrjen like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    20401 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    I'm still on the fence about how best to deal with this.
    Open too soon possibility is to kill a lot of people.
    Open too late possibility is to kill the nations economy.
    What value do we put on human life?
    Is there a number for acceptable losses.
    Chances are there will be no vaccine or cure for Covid anytime soon, they have never come up with one for the common Cold. Note the virus is also mutating that poses a big problem for a vaccine or cure.
    So this is a problem that will be with us for years to come from the looks of it.
    So much of this is just focused politics and covering peoples asses the important parts of the message gets lost.
    Personally I believe we were poorly prepared with needed stockpiles of medicines, materials, and equipment. Worry about who to blame later, fix the problem 1st. When you have to have automotive manufactures making your medical supplies your pretty far behind the power curve to start with in recovery. You can bet a ventilator will cost more than a Corvette.
    The administration says they'll order meat packing plants to remain open, how does that work out with 58% of the workers out sick?
    Perhaps you could check with your local essential abortion clinic to find that answer. Yes I know some are allegedly closed, many are open doing business as usual.

This country needs to be open for business again. How many people will suffer and even die because of these lock downs?
    Last edited by darbo; 05-16-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    JimmyA likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links