Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Trust No One

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    Speaking of hatred... Native, you're seriously scaring me. While I have no doubt that a few extreme loons would "murder every Trump supporter if they could get away with it", for the record, they are a vast minority and the same kind of blind hate and sheer evil can be found regardless of what political spectrum you care to look at.
    Well, I'll keep my powder dry and won't leave the house without it. But, then, I don't have to modify my behavior for THAT.
    pegasus and JimmyA like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    Geez this Covid 19 section is worse than the politics section, there is a lot of hatred coming from some. I don't know how anyone can have so much hatred, it really is not a political crisis, it is a humanitarian crisis.
    Out here, there is no crisis of any kind. That's why I live here and not the city...well, one GREAT reason.
    pegasus likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Out here, there is no crisis of any kind. That's why I live here and not the city...well, one GREAT reason.
    Waitaminnit! NO CRISIS ??? What about running out of Blue Bell? Or (gasp!) LONE STAR?
    brojohn likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5762 times
    I think the dems playbook is fixing to change. The past two months has been the setup. As recovery starts and people CAN go back to
    work libs are going to start screaming about those still unemployed losing their current benefits if Trump gets elected in November.
    This might also turn into, "See, we've done it for two months, so we CAN pay the people a basic minimum income! Trump won't let you
    have this so you need to vote for US!" There will be stories similar to Trump wanting to throw grandma off a cliff.

Once government starts trying to cut benefits, it's going to get ugly.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    3962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    I think the dems playbook is fixing to change. The past two months has been the setup. As recovery starts and people CAN go back to
    work libs are going to start screaming about those still unemployed losing their current benefits if Trump gets elected in November.
    This might also turn into, "See, we've done it for two months, so we CAN pay the people a basic minimum income! Trump won't let you
    have this so you need to vote for US!" There will be stories similar to Trump wanting to throw grandma off a cliff.

Once government starts trying to cut benefits, it's going to get ugly.
    What benefits are you referring to? There are a lot of currently unemployed people that never even got their first unemployment check, including some people who filed almost 2 months ago. In one state CBS reported 83% of the unemployment filers have not yet gotten their money yet.

In my state it's not that high and the state says they're working on it and be patient, you'll get your money eventually. Fortunately for people who have to make a mortgage or rent pymt is that legally they can't be evicted without going through the courts and oh by the way the courts here aren't processing eviction claims. If you're a landlord and have expenses or you're a lending institution though you're just out of luck at the moment. If you try to forcibly self evict your tenets from your property you could end up going to jail. Plus, what's the point? It's not like you're going to have a long line of other people with cash in hand right now to move in anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    3962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    Waitaminnit! NO CRISIS ??? What about running out of Blue Bell? Or (gasp!) LONE STAR?
    I live out in the sticks also. We have always tried to limit our trips into town so we stock up on whatever we can. Fresh fruits and veggies we can grow our own or get them at the local farmers market. There's a small local meat processor and dairy processor and egg producer locally and none of the employees have covid yet. In fact the local pork plant had instituted upgraded strict protocols before covid 19, many of the same things the big producers are now being forced to do.

Member #
    Liked
    4229 times
    Many, if not most, of the countries (nations) "handling this crisis" are smaller than the state of Georgia. So, yeah, it's pretty fair to compare their handling of this crisis to the way we've handled it. Sure.

What happened to "question everything"? Anyone - Bueller - anyone? Most people run around in a state of mind bordering on panic because the medicos and politicos have frightened them out of their wits.

No question about it
    Czechbikr, BigBlue, darbo and 2 others like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28864 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Many, if not most, of the countries (nations) "handling this crisis" are smaller than the state of Georgia. So, yeah, it's pretty fair to compare their handling of this crisis to the way we've handled it. Sure.

What happened to "question everything"? Anyone - Bueller - anyone?Most people run around in a state of mind bordering on panic because the medicos and politicos have frightened them out of their wits.

No question about it
    Many of them are enjoying the panic. As I've pointed out before, this is the most excitement they've had in their entire boring lives.
    Flash60601 likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    5762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    What benefits are you referring to? There are a lot of currently unemployed people that never even got their first unemployment check, including some people who filed almost 2 months ago. In one state CBS reported 83% of the unemployment filers have not yet gotten their money yet.

In my state it's not that high and the state says they're working on it and be patient, you'll get your money eventually.
    So you're saying it IS coming. Sounds like people going to be getting a benefit. My step son got his $1200. Wife and I did too. He just finished filing his unemployment (He doesn't do well with anything that requires effort) and they're going to back pay him to the first week of April. Now, my stepson makes about $300/week working. I'm interested to see what he makes on unemployment. I got let go from an $80K/yr job last year, I got twelve weeks of $296 after taxes. NEVER been unemployed before either.

Interview on a local TV station the other night. Woman has reopened her business but her help won't come back because their getting more on unemployment than they were making working.

Only organization that can get away with paying people more than they're worth is government.
    Last edited by dwhite; 05-23-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    3962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    So you're saying it IS coming. Sounds like people going to be getting a benefit. My step son got his $1200. Wife and I did too. He just finished filing his unemployment (He doesn't do well with anything that requires effort) and they're going to back pay him to the first week of April. Now, my stepson makes about $300/week working. I'm interested to see what he makes on unemployment. I got let go from an $80K/yr job last year, I got twelve weeks of $296 after taxes. NEVER been unemployed before either.

Interview on a local TV station the other night. Woman has reopened her business but her help won't come back because their getting more on unemployment than they were making working.

Only organization that can get away with paying people more than they're worth is government.
    Not saying that at all. The backlog is in processing the claims, not in getting the money once it's approved, if I understood the news correctly. Not everyone who applies for unemployment is going to get it, for one reason or another. In my area it took some people weeks at the beginning just to apply for unemployment because the traditional way was to apply in person to a bureaucrat but the state said apply online. The site was down a LOT. A relative of mine who had been trying all day and most of the night got thru at 3am. She mentioned it to a co worker but the co worker wasn't as lucky at 3am.

As far as that woman not getting her help back, I know in my state if your employer calls you back and you don't go they stop your unemployment money.
    Last edited by pegasus; 05-23-2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added sentence

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links