• 4 Post By daytonaredeye
  • 2 Post By rhugg

Thread: Interesting poll numbers in Covid concerns these days

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23397 times

Interesting poll numbers in Covid concerns these days

This is by the guy who founded "Real Clear Politics" and he mentioned that Trump was leading Biden In the polls in all 15 "battleground states".

Also, of the people polled, 62% GOP respondents said that getting the economy jump started was priority 1. But, of Dem voters (I guess they ask you when they poll you) - only 12% felt getting the economy jump started should be a top priority.

Anyone see that coming? I thought the general population at large were in favor of ending the shut down. I did not see a 50 point difference between the parties in the civilian population.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    Who cares about the economy the government is going to give me everything i need. The government just prints $

No economics taught in the public schools, its probably best anyway.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    34593 times
    I don't think teaching economics in public schools would help much. Economics is a lot fuzzier and less precise than a lot of people think. Once you get past "the government makes money off of a 2% tariff. Go to 20% and it becomes a barrier to trade." and similarly obvious ideas, they are all just speculating.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    This is by the guy who founded "Real Clear Politics" and he mentioned that Trump was leading Biden In the polls in all 15 "battleground states".

Also, of the people polled, 62% GOP respondents said that getting the economy jump started was priority 1. But, of Dem voters (I guess they ask you when they poll you) - only 12% felt getting the economy jump started should be a top priority.

Anyone see that coming? I thought the general population at large were in favor of ending the shut down. I did not see a 50 point difference between the parties in the civilian population.
    If you add the D and R numbers you will get significantly less than 50%. The share of independents and third party voters has grown alot over the last few decades. I saw some gallup numbers recently where they said the D's and R's were about the same, around 30%, the I's were in the mid 30's with the remainder being other parties.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links