Here comes Trump impeachment #2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Here comes Trump impeachment #2

Member #
    Liked
    30196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Do you think the country would remain as closed as it is if a Dem was in office of POTUS?
    Every dead voter is a vote for the DNC!
    daytonaredeye, BigBlue and jtg452 like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2911 times
    I have heard several democrats say they were voting for Trump in 2020.
    Now this is local and in southern Alabama......can't say how far widespread this it?
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29201 times
    Do you think the country would remain as closed as it is if a Dem was in office of POTUS?
    We might have heard it was a bad flu year and that would have been the end of it.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4844 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    We might have heard it was a bad flu year and that would have been the end of it.
    Absolutely. And all those dozens of other countries that closed up would have never done it either.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29201 times
    Not sure if your alcohol comment was in jest but you are right, there is an IV form of ethanol which can be used usually to flush the kidneys. Back in the day (yeah, my day) when we admitted people for kidney stones we would order a 6 pack of beer on ice in the room and recommend at least a six pack a day - if no contraindications, of course. Ethanol inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) an enzyme that encourages the kidneys to reabsorb water from the urine. The intent is to keep as much water flowing through the kidneys as possible to try to kick the stone loose.

This does not work for the other alcohols such as methyl alcohol (wood alcohol) as it is poisonous (has one -OH)n isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) also poisonous etc. Only the two carbon alcohol (ethanol) is safe.

If you want to flush the GI tract, use sorbitol - not ethylene glycol (anti-freeze). Sorbitol is a common sweetener that is not absorbed from the GI tract so it pulls fluid with it and, like ethanol does on the kidneys, helps jar things loose downstream. Like fighting Klingons around Uranus.
    TMI! Gives me a worrying feeling in my colon.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    TMI! Gives me a worrying feeling in my colon.
    Was not my intent to make yer colon worry. I just wanted everyone to know that ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) is poisonous - PERIOD! There is never a time to give some one antifreeze I don't care how sick or possessed by evil they might be - call an exorcist if need be but no antifreeze. But look at the label on sugarless sweet things like chewing gum or bubble gum. Most commonly they have sorbitol as their sweetener which might help 'splain why your bowels might be a little loose if you chain chew that stuff.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and BigBlue like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    20040 times
    Not sure if your alcohol comment was in jest but you are right, there is an IV form of ethanol which can be used usually to flush the kidneys. Back in the day (yeah, my day) when we admitted people for kidney stones we would order a 6 pack of beer on ice in the room and recommend at least a six pack a day - if no contraindications, of course. Ethanol inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) an enzyme that encourages the kidneys to reabsorb water from the urine. The intent is to keep as much water flowing through the kidneys as possible to try to kick the stone loose.

This does not work for the other alcohols such as methyl alcohol (wood alcohol) as it is poisonous (has one -OH)n isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) also poisonous etc. Only the two carbon alcohol (ethanol) is safe.

If you want to flush the GI tract, use sorbitol - not ethylene glycol (anti-freeze). Sorbitol is a common sweetener that is not absorbed from the GI tract so it pulls fluid with it and, like ethanol does on the kidneys, helps jar things loose downstream. Like fighting Klingons around Uranus.
    Considering how much hospitals mark up the simple OTC drugs while being hospitalized, I would hate to see what the cost of a "medically prescribed" six pack of beer cost!!!

What brand would be considered "generic" beer, I'm pretty sure that is what most health insurance providers would cover...if that.
    brojohn and jtg452 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    In cases where I've seen it used it has been left up to the patient's brand preference. And, no, not allowed to substitute hard liquor for beer. Point is to flood the kidneys but not get the patient drunk. And even 1.5% ETOH beer is enough to inhibit the ADH I mentioned earlier. If the patient is a teetotaler then increase the IV fluid rate and give lasix (loop diuretic) if necessary but you gotta do what you can to push the stone downstream.
    jonrjen and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Thinking the same thing. Didn't we have a serious SARS outbreak during Obama's dictatorship?
    jtg452 likes this.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts
    Winston Churchill

Member #
    Liked
    6285 times
    The country would have already economically collapsed as Hillary's GDP growth of .08% would not have supported a shutdown of over few days. She'd of had the Nat'l Guard out at every intersection to 'quell the disturbing and escalating violence of the Right.' Maybe so, as the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. From my cold dead hands, Hillary. Bank on it.
    jtg452 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links