Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Economic fallout predictions of this pandemic

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    I nearly fell outta my chair when I heard about Kawasaki's making a comeback. Kawasaki's syndrome is a primarily pediatric disease and defined by a vasculitus - inflammation of blood vessels (an arteritis, to be more succinct) in the same manner as with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis. Not sure why I didn't expect it but it does seem to shore up the treatment with drugs which interfere with the normal inflammatory cascades just like in Lupus and RA (hint: hydroxychloroquine).
    I may have suffered from Kawasaki's syndrome once, I believe it involved a KZ400.
    darbo and GhostHorse like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23398 times
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think you're gonna be OK. I once suffered from Honda butt cheek syndrome followed by BMW scrotiliitis . . .Yeah, I'm a survivor . . .

Where do I sign up for #metoo?...
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    Economists can explain why it happened...afterwards.

It is a lot of cheerleading, Reagan was good at talking America up and it seemed to work. Trump is trying. Others consistently talk America down.

Yes too many variables...not a pure science.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhugg View Post

It is a lot of cheerleading, Reagan was good at talking America up and it seemed to work. Trump is trying. Others consistently talk America down.

Yep. The largest uncertain variable is human behavior. That is what the author or my "Fed Up" determined. The economists keep their heads down in their books and computers and the occasional slide ruler and can not understand why their models and predictions don't pan out.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    7993 times
    Three economists deer hunting, they see a buck standing broadside.

First one shoots, hits the ground at the deer's hind feet. Second one shoots, puts a bullet about a foot over the deer's nose.

Third one doesn't need to shoot, because he considers they got a bullseye.

The economics professor I took post-graduate classes under openly admitted -- economists are far better at explaining than at predicting.
    CaptainMorgan and GhostHorse like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45290 times

That's because the Republicans know that close to 70% of our economy is consumer driven. The Democrats know this also which is why they talk it down and attempt to scare the consumer when they want the economy yo be manipulated to their advantage.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    23313 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post

The economics professor I took post-graduate classes under openly admitted -- economists are far better at explaining than at predicting.
    ...and some can even fix things when they are broke. Like Milton Friedman. I wonder what he would do now. The theme to "All in the Family keeps playing through my head...

Boy the way the tax cuts played,
    Stock market made the hit parade,
    Guys like us we had it made,
    Those were the days,

But you didn't know who was who,
    Girls were men and men were girls,
    Mister we could use a man like Milton Friedman again,

Gonna be a welfare state,
    Unemployment you can't hate,
    Gee our old car never runs great,
    Those were (not) the days
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    34610 times
    They can't even do that. I've heard economists arguing about whether FDR helped or prolonged the Great Depression, 80 years after the fact.

Not a pure science? It's not a science at all. If you can't follow the scientific method, including the design and conduct of controlled experiments that eliminate confounding factors, you aren't doing science. The idea that economics is a science is laughable.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    ^^^^^^^
    So, were they not using PPE before hand? My original dentist retired a few years back but he started using PPE only in the '90s. Every dental visit since '95 on they are gloved and masked. Never been charged for it that I know of. I would ask them about it.
    They all wear gloves, masks, and eye protection for even routine care. I can't wait to see what the extra $12 gets me.

Member #
    Liked
    7993 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker627 View Post
    I had some dental work done right before our State shut down and have been living with a temporary cap on my front teeth for weeks. Now that we are moving to Code Yellow my dentist called yesterday to schedule my permanent cap. They read me a statement on their new safety procedures AND informed me there is now a $12.00 PPE surcharge. Just rubs me the wrong way but what choice do I have.
    ^^^^^^^
    So, were they not using PPE before hand? My original dentist retired a few years back but he started using PPE only in the '90s. Every dental visit since '95 on they are gloved and masked. Never been charged for it that I know of. I would ask them about it.
    Have you noticed what the pandemic has done to the prices for PPE?

Also, the level of protection now required in some medical facilities goes well beyond the pre-pandemic measures.

At least with a surcharge, you should be able to expect it to come off when things return to some semblance of normal.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links