And Yet Another Unforeseen Side Effect - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: And Yet Another Unforeseen Side Effect

Member #
    Liked
    4381 times
    So sorry to hear it. My Mom's been gone more than 15 years now. The last four years of her life were very difficult for her and it was not easy seeing the decline. She passed a month before her 87th birthday.

May God bless you and give you peace.
    BigBlue likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27347 times
    Big Blue, I feel for you. Both MIL and FIL went that route.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    Hey, Blue, it ain't the nursing homes that have created the higher death rates at NY hospitals and nursing homes. It has been Cuomo's fault. In his "infinite wisdom" instead of using the 1000 beds Trump built for him at the Javitz center or the 1000 beds available on the US Hospital ship Cuomo has been funneling coronavirus diagnosed patients into the nursing homes. Which patient population do nursing/long term facilities typically house? Oh, that would be the elderly immune compromised patients - often with dementia diagnoses which make it tougher to communicate symptoms, severities, etc with them.

So, why did he insist on funneling the CV-19 patients into institutions who, by definition, were at the highest risk of morbidity and mortality due to the CV-19? Or, more at question - why did he NOT utilize the facilities gifted to NY by Trump (Javitz center/hospital ship)?

I made a brief reference to the fact that we were gonna have a whole 'nother animal of a political fight when it comes to re-jumpstarting the economy and getting the country back to work. I made reference to this in a thread in "Politics" and mentioned intentional disinformation being utilized by political powers at play to control the population and many are taking great delight at testing the limits they can get away with now and I've been very happy that our civilization seems to be toeing the line with the "bluest of blue state" leaders . . .

More on that later but give some thought to the Cuomo misuse and what should be considered illegal funneling of sick patients into facilities who, by definition, are the last people who should be exposed to them. And now he is whining daily wanting to tax the earnings on healthcare workers who dove into positions in NY to help with the hot spot NY seemed to be. And he is whining that he needs more money to cover the costs he incurred even though he elected to not utilize the resources a Trump supplied. He seems to think other states, who have come out much better financially, should be responsible to replenishing the coffers of his state and its Apple city for failures he made in managing costs and resources of something that has turned out to be nothing as severe as reported.

All those beach closings Cuomo and deBlazio pushed for for virus protection? Did they help other than making people more stir crazy and prone to violence? Nope. Not an iota. There is absolutely no statistically significant proof that sheltering in place has assisted in cutting down on the transmission rate of CV19. Look further south, Florida who have allowed the beaches to remain open in Jax and other eastern seaboard Atlantic beaches which never closed. Wanna know how many cases of CV19 were transmitted between beach goers - including the much marauded spring breakers from about a month ago? ZERO! That's right - a big goose egg. Not one single case of CV19 confirmed in any person who participated in outdoor beach and other related activities - and they weren't always practicing social distancing, wearing masks, gloves, etc. Seems sunlight and UV light are deadly on the virus!

As to assisted living facilities, we currently have no one residing in one. I am fortunate at my age to still have both my parents alive and still living independently. My mom thinks my dad's mental status is showing cracks occasionally but I think he is doing better than he wants her to think he is so she will leave him alone.

Hope all goes well and I hope I haven't been a Debbie downer here but this CV19 - well, it ain't what they say it is and there seem to be cracks in the stories we get from different people. And clinicians like Fauci have no role to be playing here. We need someone with not just the clinical knowledge of an MD but the economic and financial medical economics knowledge who there entire education has been based on evaluating clinical and financial impacts of medical models and who can make projections (ACCURATE PROJECTIONS) to manage a problem as it progresses and proceeds. Don't get two separate people - get one person with an MDPhD with the PhD in clinical and medical economics.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...payroll-losses
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    Very sad for the elderly. Going to check up on my Mom tomorrow she is not handling all this very well.
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36662 times
    Good point, Big. I miss my family, but I'm cognizant enough to enjoy Skyping with them. Maybe you could talk to the staff and see if they could help her set up something like that? If they can (if your mother can) it will do the both of you a lot of good.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29201 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    Good point, Big. I miss my family, but I'm cognizant enough to enjoy Skyping with them. Maybe you could talk to the staff and see if they could help her set up something like that? If they can (if your mother can) it will do the both of you a lot of good.
    I wish I could, but Mom can barely hear and is mostly blind.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2470 times
    ​Prayers Sent!!!!!
    BigBlue and MOONDAWG like this.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Member #
    Liked
    36662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I wish I could, but Mom can barely hear and is mostly blind.
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will open back up soon and you will be able to get back together.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    So, so sorry Sir. Prayers.
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #