Strange Move.. not one of great leadership?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Strange Move.. not one of great leadership?

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1343 times

Strange Move.. not one of great leadership?

It appears, in our press, that POTUS is to defy medical advice for people in the US to wear masks..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52161529

I don't think we are too far away, here, from it being ruled as an 'essential measure' and I guess that the US medical community are wanting to get one step ahead. Still it's an odd choice for The Donald to make.
    silverstring and jljones like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    4681 times
    Well he hasn't exactly been setting the best examples, at any point in time. The CDC now believes the virus may stay in the air longer than they originally thought, and that masks when out in the public might not be a bad idea. Of course, there aren't enough masks for even all the medical personnel out there right now, let alone non essential folks. So, since even some hospitals have their employees using things like scarves right now (yes, in some areas it's actually that bad), surely us non essentials can just wrap anything we can breathe through and be on our way? Yeah, there's going to be so many things to point to when this is all over as bad ideas. bad procedures, and bad examples that should not only never happen again but never have happened in the first place, the blame game is going to become a national pastime.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    19935 times
    Great Leadership does not mean having to tell those who feel that their individual safety could be greatly enhanced by the simple wearing of a mask, scarf, or any other make shift device to help filter the environmental germs that may enter your nose and mouth.

Let us not make there be a need for a presidential order to wear a mask, it has already been proven that you can't order the use of common sense. And let's not place blame on the President for the lack of common sense across America.

Too much of this is getting down right nick picky to place blame or negative leadership during a crisis in an election year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Well the press is anti Trump and doesn't care about America or Americans. They are global progressives with an agenda. That agenda is not America or our way of life.
    Most people drink the Kool aid and eat grass. (sheep in a herd)
    We have needed masks from the get go but there is not enough to go around. Every country in the world is fighting to get them. You don't know this? If the POTUS gets on TV and tells everyone to use them he cuts the feet out from under the professionals working to help us. If he tells us we don't need them he has lied to the people. Obama and dems lie. You can keep your....
    Trump is not only a good leader and President, he is a good American.
    He has told the people what the CDC has said about mask use and he has run some damage control so not to panic everyone into grabbing at masks. You don't need a mask 24/7 but I would not go inside a building or walk a crowded street without one.
    Last edited by Ickthus; 04-04-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    19935 times
    I have read and heard a number so "mask" stories and theories as to use and if they do provide additional safety. At one point it was being said that if the mask did not fit snug against the face the virus could still enter the nose and mouth of the individual wearing an inferior fitting mask.

Then on the flip side it was said that even if the mask didn't fit well against the face it would serve as a reminder for the person wearing the mask not to touch their face. Now the mask was being touted as a behavioral learning device.

Maybe I need to go out and rummage through some old boxes in storage and see if I can find my old Popeye the Sailor mask and place cotton balls in the nose and mouth hole. I can then wear this when I have to go out to find food/supplies for the family. The cotton balls would help filter out the virus molecules, the mask would keep me from touching my face, and I would be walking the line of common sense...albeit a very fine line.

Yes, I Jest, but if the thought of me walking around in public wearing a Popeye mask from Halloween 60 year past brought a smile or grin to your face, your welcome.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28878 times
    It wasn't great leadership either when Trump was the first national leader to stop flights from China. It was racist until the other countries followed his leadership.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    It wasn't great leadership either when Trump was the first national leader to stop flights from China. It was racist until the other countries followed his leadership.
    Agreed. The view must be great from the cheap seats, the media just loves to try to trip up Donald Trump.

-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    863 times
    It is leadership #1.

A good leader sets the example by following the rules even if it is inconvenient and uncomfortable.

As a company commander of a combat infantry company and two tank companies I did that. It works.

Member #
    Liked
    12158 times
    Trumps bad - blah blah blah. Liberal media is good - blah blah blah. Same ole same ole. This pandemic ignores our societal desire to blame blame blame and affects everyone equally. So how about we all circle the wagons and fight the disease instead of each other.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    4681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    The fact that Trump faced some backlash initially on his China flight ban is accurate, however he was not the first leader to ban flights to that country but the 3rd.
    txgocart111g2 likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links