North Carolina county stopping Cherohala Skyway traffic from entering county
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: North Carolina county stopping Cherohala Skyway traffic from entering county

Member #
    Liked
    25871 times

North Carolina county stopping Cherohala Skyway traffic from entering county

MONROE COUNTY, Tennessee – Tennessee Highway Patrol is warning motorists heading into North Carolina from Monroe and Blount Counties to be aware of closures that are now in place.

As of Friday, Graham County in North Carolina is currently prohibiting traffic from entering the county.

Graham County is attached to Cherohala Skyway SR 165 in Monroe County, which is now closed at the Tennessee and North Carolina state line, according to a press release.

The decision to close Cherohala Skyway at 5:00 p.m. was made by he Graham County Emergency Planning Committee at noon via conference call on Friday.

More...
    https://www.wbir.com/article/news/gr...c-904f49f973fa

North Carolina stopping traffic from Tennessee with barricaded roads.

Name:  CoronaBarricade.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  21.9 KB
    Last edited by RScottie; 03-29-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    silverstring likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    why? what are they trying to accomplish?

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaShooter View Post
    why? what are they trying to accomplish?
    It is an effort to keep contagious people out of NC. RI governor is not allowing car with NY plates to enter RI without being quarantined for 14 days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4681 times
    Had NC done this 2 weeks ago, "maybe" they would have been ok and been able to ride this out. As it stands, 1200 "known" infected, 5 dead. It's damn near impossible to contain something like this in our country with the type of freedoms we we exist under, unless you want to go full China on your own citizens. The enemy isn't some neighbor state anymore, it's right there in your own neighborhood.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    Our county did the same thing kind of. Check points on the two roads coming into the county. Only residents, essential workers with pay stub and letter from employer, and delivery trucks. Nothing is open outside of essential businesses, there is no reason to come here. May not stop the virus however it seams like it is helping slow it down. We have 23 cases, all but 5 are travel related.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21437 times
    What in the world?! Has no one heard the old phrase, "Close the barn door after the horse has bolted"? Like Zen said, waaay too late for this.

Another thing: the article identifies that road as SR 165. SR mean State Road. It could be that the county does not have the authority to close a state road, but I don't know.

I'm sitting here, slowly shaking my head and wondering if this is only the first of this kind of action.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    25871 times
    I think this is going too far.

We cannot decimate our Freedom over this.
    Doc Holliday and RogueTS1 like this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47540 times
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I think this is going too far.

We cannot decimate our Freedom over this.
    I agree. However, the argument is going to be something like, "We have to be willing to sacrifice some of our freedoms in order to secure the public safety."

Gee, didn't Ben Franklin say something about that?
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    I am starting to get worried

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links