Texas Attorney General on Guns, Ammunition, and Gun Ranges Amid Covid-19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Texas Attorney General on Guns, Ammunition, and Gun Ranges Amid Covid-19

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35081 times

Exclamation Texas Attorney General on Guns, Ammunition, and Gun Ranges Amid Covid-19

Texas Attorney General deems these essential businesses and should remain open.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...g-coronavirus/
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    35387 times
    I don't agree with Paxton much, but I do agree with him on this. They should not be forced to close.
    Smokewagon, jonrjen and Cariwine like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    4706 times
    I'd just limit the amount of people that can be in the store at once. You don't want a big group getting their dirty mitts all over the glass counters and merchandise at once and pumping out potentially infected exhales in close proximity to employees and other customers. Setup a number system outside like it's a deli, and go from there.
    loudviking likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34207 times
    Well done Texas.
    Smokewagon and NativeTexan like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    19935 times
    I feel pretty certain that the greatest majority of people who do not agree with this are not "real Texans". Though I do know a few.

Of course two of them at one time when we found our selves out later than we expected one night did ask me if I was indeed carrying.

Guess I am more concerned with the vast number of new owners who purchased firearms in the last couple of weeks and have never in their life even held a firearm.

I do find some solace in that many of these new owners were not able to find and purchase ammunition due to the latest run on ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    863 times
    I agree with that article. However Gov. Abbott missed the boat on stopping the spread of COVID-19 in Texas. He needed to have health screeners and checkpoints on the Texas border with other states to keep sick people out. This should have been done at airports, train stations, and bus terminals. That should have been done in early January in Texas.

From what I know there are still no state health screeners in place.

At my son’s refinery in Sulphur, LA, they are checking and screening everyone at the gate when the workers come in. If you have fever, they turn them around and send them home.
    DeltaBravoKS and loudviking like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    I agree with that article. However Gov. Abbott missed the boat on stopping the spread of COVID-19 in Texas. He needed to have health screeners and checkpoints on the Texas border with other states to keep sick people out. This should have been done at airports, train stations, and bus terminals. That should have been done in early January in Texas.

From what I know there are still no state health screeners in place.

At my son’s refinery in Sulphur, LA, they are checking and screening everyone at the gate when the workers come in. If you have fever, they turn them around and send them home.
    Anyone with a daycare facility knows that parents will pump their kids full of acetaminophen to keep fevers down when they drop off, so they don't have to deal with their own sick kids. I would think people wanting to come in through the airport would be popping Tylenol and the same thing with workers. The mentality is 'it is all about me, not those I infect'.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32452 times
    Well, it's good to know Texas state government has their priorities together.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    6968 times
    I agree that it is necessary to be able to protect your family during an emergency. Look at the way people horded toilet paper. You need to be able to protect your family when people go nuts.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33119 times
    I think in their haste, Texas officials including the governor missed an opportunity to clarify for every county in Texas what constitutes an essential business. They should have defined it, and then passed it down to the counties, telling them that here are the essential businesses, and you can do what you please around these - but you may not change these at all. That would have put it in stone for every county, including ones run by liberals who will always jump at the chance to take away your second amendment rights.
    Jake3501 and NativeTexan like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links