Walmart today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Walmart today

Member #
    Liked
    5239 times

Walmart today

I survived my trip to Walmart today and most of what little money I had came home with me.
    The grocery section was surprisingly bare.
    At least I was able to get 2 gallons of my preferred brand of drinking water. To make up for the shortage I also got 6 2 liter bottles of diet Root Beer. The food shelves were bare for certain things such as Pasta fixin's. Also a lot of other things I don't eat plus, of course, paper products. They had plenty of day old french bread but was devoid of all brands of margarine and butter except the "Vegan" butter, so much for garlic bread.
    I'm good for another week.
    I hope I didn't pick up any free germs or viruses while I was there.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4908 times
    The county here has enacted an ordinance stating 1 person per 1000 sq/ft of store space. People are kind up in the parking lots waiting for their chance to go inside to see empty shelves.
    Last edited by mark38090; 03-25-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8469 times
    No pasta no problem, look for Mac n cheese store brands are 50 cents and there is a whole shelf of it. My wife made a bucket of Goulash. Then use the powdered cheese on popcorn.

I bought a bunch and took it to my wife's disabled friend. Your right there is no food. I asked about TP and they said they get it everyday but are out by 9:00am. They said seniors can come in by 7:00.. as I'm an old fart I can restock the house. I get paid on the 1st so I had enough for the month but am getting low.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Lomax likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2041 times
    Mrs Flash and I ventured to our local WalMart @7:30AM. A WalMart distribution truck was leaving as we were turning in. The grocery shelves were pretty well stocked and the meat counters were adequately, as well. Bread shelves were full, aisles were clear and clean. Plenty of other stuff on display, the flashlight battery shelves were well-supplied, no evidence of panic-buying - at that hour, anyway. With the exception of brown sugar, we were able to fulfill our monthly needs adequately, with no shortages or substitutions. Granted, it was early in the day and we found the handicapped parking nearly empty and the electric carts all lined up and fully charged.

After putting our groceries away, we took a run to a local "discount - grocery" (which also carries bulk foods, like Domino Sugar in 50# sacks, specialty baking and canning items, candies, etc.) run by members of one of the local "plain" sects and found nearly as good a selection and situation as normal. No electric carts - never did have - I had to walk the entire thing. Avocadoes (here, in PA!) for $.89 and nothing short except toilet paper. Produce, though always of limited variety, actually was better shape and price than at WM, which is not the general case.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    36451 times
    Otter and I went to Meijer today (a superstore like Wallymart for those of you outside it's area) and I hated it. Not the store, they're doing OK on stocking, but anybody's advice on what to buy instead of something else is worthless... shortages are local. Our store, f'rinstance is out of Mac and Cheese...
    What I didn't like is that so many people don't get the social distance thing.
    Example 1: 3 people standing in the produce aisle chatting for more than 5 minutes blocking access to the shelves... asked them to move.
    Example 2: I'm standing at the hamburger (Costco now) and a woman comes up close enough to brush my arm. I looked at her and said, "Can I have a little space here, please?"
    Always say please and thank you even when you're being a curmudgeon.
    Flash60601 and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    648 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    Otter and I went to Meijer today (a superstore like Wallymart for those of you outside it's area) and I hated it. Not the store, they're doing OK on stocking, but anybody's advice on what to buy instead of something else is worthless... shortages are local. Our store, f'rinstance is out of Mac and Cheese...
    What I didn't like is that so many people don't get the social distance thing.
    Example 1: 3 people standing in the produce aisle chatting for more than 5 minutes blocking access to the shelves... asked them to move.
    Example 2: I'm standing at the hamburger (Costco now) and a woman comes up close enough to brush my arm. I looked at her and said, "Can I have a little space here, please?"
    Always say please and thank you even when you're being a curmudgeon.
    The wife and I were checking out at our local Walmart yesterday, there was a woman without a basket standing so close I could smell her (not good smells either). I moved a couple of feet further, she followed. I have never seen my wife come unhinged like she did yesterday.
    In a normal world I would've been a little embarrassed, but.in today's times...all I said was thank you honey. You said stuff to her that I was tought not to say to a "lady"
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_Doc View Post
    The wife and I were checking out at our local Walmart yesterday, there was a woman without a basket standing so close I could smell her (not good smells either). I moved a couple of feet further, she followed. I have never seen my wife come unhinged like she did yesterday.
    In a normal world I would've been a little embarrassed, but.in today's times...all I said was thank you honey. You said stuff to her that I was tought not to say to a "lady"
    Michigan is up to 5,486 cases and 132 deaths. (2.4%) All I want is 6' horizontal space so that I don't need 6' vertical.
    Keeper of The Pledge

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    2351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    Michigan is up to 5,486 cases and 132 deaths. (2.4%) All I want is 6' horizontal space so that I don't need 6' vertical.
    Good start for a new public message.
    MadKaw and Ironmagz like this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    36451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigC View Post
    Good start for a new public message.
    I was just thinking that... I'm going to do a graphic for that.

Name:  covid_choice.png
Views: 29
Size:  78.7 KB

Feel free to spread this... make it go viral.
    Last edited by MadKaw; 03-30-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    Keeper of The Pledge

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Member #
    Liked
    3784 times
    So I went to my local Walmart today (3/31) and they had plenty of paper towels and toilet paper on the shelves, and very few people were buying it. They still didn't have any hand sanitizer or clorox wipes, disposable gloves. Due to a news story of a 90 yr old woman who claims to have survived the coronavirus with prayer and eating potato soup, I jokingly said that will be the next thing people will have a run on. So out of curiosity I looked to see if they had any, and of course they didn't.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links